Unable to add Homebase 2, help?

Ok , same issue here , fresh out of the box from red to blinking blue , ip address but not able to add via app.

After some intensive testing and checking , wiresharked and noticed a TLS tunnel issue due to “certificate error” . Checked the cert via browser which seemed OK ( Go daddy) making this a time issue.
My Ubiquiti USG issues a specific NTP service in the DHCP scope, when I removed this and reconnected the homebase the TLS was established – still blinking blue light but immediately discovered by the app which made it solid blue .

For anyone having the issue - worth checking your DHCP server and options it pushes along.

Cheers

Has anyone figured this out? My Home Base 2 worked find for a month or two, then in the middle of the night entered the never ending “Follow the instructions in the Eufy security app to set up the system.”

I have tried everything here with no success. I did contact Eufy help, and eventually they sent me a new device but the same issue. Then last week my old Eufy Home Base e which has worked almost two years developed the exact same issue. So now both bases refuse to pair. (I figured out the e. I was evidently making an improper DHCP request. So I assigned the MAC a fixed IP and so far it’s working again.)

I see the Ubiquiti response and I have the same Ubiquiti firewall at work, but this is a home setup and my home router doesn’t all low that level of firewall control. Plus, if that is really the issue then it’s a fundamental issue with the Eufy security system that they are going to have to address as that level of control is a) beyond the average home router. b) way beyond the average home user.

I also had the same issue. Blue light flashing and does not become solid blue and cannot successfully complete the setup via the Wufy Security app. I also use Ubiquiti network switches and I resolved this issue by connecting the HomeBase 2 to an Ethernet port on my Verizon Fios router instead of one of the Ubiquiti switch ports.

Hello.

Same problem here.

I connected with succes in the iOS app, then reset connected to HomeKit, but could not se the camera, now I can not connect to the base in the app.

1 Like

I lost hours around this.
Nothing works.
I tried to change de devices (iOS and Android), checked the router settings (DHCP, etc) and even took it to the office to try a different network environment just to be sure.
When I saw @Runqee comment, I gained a new some new hope.
Meanwhile, I likely tried more than 50 times without success.
I send a support request but any additional feedback would be useful.

I just saw another threat and it looks to be a firmware issue that will be fixed in days.
Not impressed with quality assurance at Eufy / Anker.

What a piece of crap!
I’ve been exchanging emails with Eufy support. They requested videos but they are clearly aware of the problem: " We encountered the same issue as yours".
Unfortunately, the solution is to keep trying, and I didn’t nought a roulette, so I’m following the thread I mentioned above and return it.

This is super frustrating. What does the blinking light mean? And I connected to the internet or not? I’ve followed all the steps, reset, tried the same thing as every other post here and still no luck hours later.

1 Like

Did you contact support?

I have the same issue. This is getting sent back, wasted too many hours already. What a pile of crap and I’ll be writing such on Amazon.

Yes, and they told me my mesh network meant I couldn’t use it.

Support told me the fact that I had a mesh network meant I couldn’t use the Homebase 2. But, when I connected right to my modem, I was able to add it no problem. Just had to change my network settings. Once I got it connected, I changed my network back over to my mesh network and then changed the HomeBase to Wifi. It works now!

1 Like

The Homebase can use a mesh network, it’s just a network.

But Homebase to camera can’t, as far as I know so the product in total can’t use mesh, as far as I can understand.

So a mesh may help out the Homebase further away from router / modem but not likely with the camera to Homebase.

Did I get that right?

I don’t understand it enough to be honest. All I know is that support basically told me “Homebase 2 will not work with a mesh network”. Then, I refused to believe that was true and fixed it. I now have a bunch of Eufy cameras hooked up to the HomeBase on my mesh network without issues.

As I understand it, Homebase to camera does not use Wi-fi, it does use 2.4Ghz. Homebase can use Wi-fi to network.

When Eufy says doesn’t work with mesh I think they mean you can’t have a long distance between Homebase and camera mitigation via mesh.

But you can connect the Homebase to any WiFi network once setup, including to a mesh.

We’ve had a lot of threads where camera cannot (reliably) connect to Homebase due to distance / walls and wouldn’t benefit from mesh. We had to suggest other methods like Powerline or mesh to move Homebase nearer to camera.

I mean… I was standing right next to my router and was wired. So, I really didn’t understand why it wouldn’t work. But, I’m just happy it works now.

1 Like

Hello,
2 days ago I installed the eufy doorbell (battery) with homebase 2 as described in the manual. It worked fine right away.
After 2 days the power went out at our home and was restored after 1 hour. After this I could no longer request images (error -21), despite the light being solid blue. I then reset the homebase 2 and tried to install it again, but cannot connect to the homebase 2 through my phone when installing.
All checked below:
1 Please make sure your router has internet access.
2 Please make sure your HomeBase 2 has booted up and the LED is blue.
3 Please make sure you have scanned the QR code on the bottom of HomeBase 2.
4 If you are unable to scan the QR code, you can manually enter the code.
5 Make sure you click the SYNC / ALARM OFF button located on the back of HomeBase 2 when you heard the sound tip.
6 Please check if you have set the firewall or whitelist in your router.

Homebase 2 is blinking with BLUE color light.
Homebase with ethernet cable direct to the same router as where my wifi signal comes from.
QR code scanned, OK
Also pressing the sync / alarm button (long or short) after message does not help
WiFi is 2.4 Ghz
Mobile: Rebooted my phone couple of time, reinstalled the app couple of times. None worked.
Device: On / Off Homebase2, reset, pull-out the power line and plug-in. None worked.

Thank you for your response!
Paul van de Kamp

Hi Paul,

Your story is exactly like mine.
I almost think that it’s a server problem, like a process hanging at the anker servers.
I installed mine thursday got a power outage yesterday and not able to add the homebase with a blue blinking led.

I have sent my message to the helpdesk support@eufylife.com I am very curious about their response.

Same problem.Helped me reset with pin hole on back side.