UK PowerPort Atom III Slim 63w Lands on Amazon.co.uk

1 Like

You know @professor ive been using Camel since you mentioned it to me many months ago but I’m finding the notifications lacking, and it seems to miss voucher codes.

Yes and my Raspberry Pi is broken but to fix I need to kneel down near router. I had my own scripts.

I’d use CCC to complement other methods, sometimes it catches it before other methods, but yes imperfect. I do doubt their business model, are they neutral, or do they steer you to those who give them the most affiliate kick-back. All these discounting sites click-thru with a revenue-earning code, and of course the lower the price the lower the kick-back so there is an inherent conflict of interest.

Not saying there is, just healthy skepticism.

I strip all codes on my links, this community then adds their own so they can track where the buyer came from, a way to measure revenue earning success of this community “tag=cm-sales-uk-2019-21”

1 Like

Skepticism is my middle name @professor :+1:t2:

1 Like

Ok @professor we have movement on price, in the wrong direction :thinking:
I would say an inflation of the price means a drop is imminent.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B089XZ5DZZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_mdpSFbP2ZWFDQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

My suggestion is it caused purely by the apparent change in GBP due to the USD rate change last month.

I still think this product is being parked in not being made in large volume to allow for the port to get “upgraded” to 20W so anyone wanting to spend £ should wait. It’s such an obvious upgrade, Anker would have the issue of folks returning (causing a lot of Amazon renewed stock) the 18W version in their 30 day no-quibble free return period so an upgraded version is preceded by either “currently unavailable” or price kept high to suppress sales.

The only discount globally was 14 days ago so at least 2 more weeks til the 20W upgraded version, is my theory. And I’m stating it here knowing I’m sticking neck out and easily wrong.

There’s other 20W port products coming.

I wish Anker would just share roadmap so bad guesses replaced with good quality information.

2 Likes

If thats the case, and an upgraded version is on its way, why not pull the plug on the existing range.
Having stock sitting in warehouses and advertised overpriced isn’t solving anything.
If what we think is happening actually is.
Anker would or at least should slash the price to clear whats already out there so people don’t have a big enough reason to send it back.

1 Like

I may be seeking logic out of random chaos.

They do keep selling pre-upgraded versions at lower price, particularly with the speakers, so once new one comes in the pre-upgraded is then discounted so then people have choice of cheaper 18W or more expensive 20W.

If I were asked I’d just suggest discount it to around the £36 region now as 20W is barely different to 18W for most situations. e.g. an iPhone spends half its time <18W already, it only really helps in the first 30 mins of charging. Then sell new one at £45 and old (existing) for £36 til old stock gone then discount new. What you said…

I’m happy with my two Slim 63, I don’t own anything >18W yet, and if I did buy something it would be likely 45W anyway.

In your case I think you’re waiting for a PPS PDO many-port USB-C desk charger?

2 Likes

I definitely need PPS, i don’t think i need PDO for my “plus”
As i understand it, i should get 25w ok from a PPS charger.

If the current model was £35 i would snap one up, but certainly not at £49/46.

4 USBC would be my dream for a new model but would be happy with 3 and can give or take the USB A socket.

Let’s see what the future (probably distant) will bring.

1 Like

You’ll get 30W with PPS as that’s 10W 3A, but to get 45W needs PDO to make 10W 4.5A and a 100W cable. The Slim 63W is 45W PPS but due to no PDO you’d see 30W. You get 30W anyway out of the 45W when using the 18W so that’s not too bad a setup, 18W C + 30W C + 15W A out of 1 socket. The 18W will recharge your 10K Wireless while your phone recharged 30W and then any USB-A misc needs in parallel (watch, buds, flashlight, etc)

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t go for the “Ultra” then, I’ll still get the 25w fast charge from it.

1 Like

Just looked at the Ultra recharge benchmarks. 6 minutes saved to get 5000mah battery full from 45W instead of 30W.

I can the arguments to go for 18W over 12W but it’s diminishing returns above that.

1 Like

6 minutes!
Probably not worth the extra investment for Ultra owners for such a minimal advantage.

1 Like

I’d expect the 18W ports to become 20W across the whole product set, so 10000 PD 18W becomes 20W, 20000 PD becomes 20W, etc. Everywhere there is a 18W becomes 20W at some point.

What cannot tell is dates, subject to what sequence they come out of factory, but no inherent reason why not in 1-2 months. It would be logical for Powercore upgrades to be after the Powerport upgrades. There’s the 18W+12W and the 18W+18W chargers to upgrade first.

The only product I think you’d really notice an impact is on the recharge time of the 20000 PD as it’s rather slow recharge and 20W would probably bring it down from 6.8hr to (85% of 6.8 = 5.78 / 20 * 18 = 5.2 + 15% of 6.8 ) 6.2 hours.

2 Likes

Stocks running down. I’d expect it then out of stock then the 20W upgraded version. I’m not expecting it announced, just a quiet upgrade. That next upgraded version would then be discounted.

It’s going to be odd product names, as the 63W would become 65W so there would be two 65W Slim 4 ports available at same time.

Around the same time I’d expect 20W upgraded 10Ah 20Ah Powercore. The only people who’d notice it would be those buying the 20Ah now as more Wattage is most important in larger battery.

The 20W Powercore have USA shipping dates, UK not yet.

It’s going to get weird as 65W wall charger with 20W 45W and legacy is coming for USA.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DXM436J

It has the comprising feature of if you use the 20W then 45W drops to 30W rather than steal power from an unused legacy port.

1 Like

12 hours later, 4 of them sold

So in 1-2 days I’d expect “currently unavailable” then an unknown amount of time then the 20W upgraded version quietly released.

Interesting the benchmarks are in and you’re saving a minute or two on the iPhone 12. I suspect this is because the heat caused by charging causes a throttle. If someone wanted the fastest from empty charge I’d recommend turning the phone off and keep as cold as possible (not warm it by holding it or using it, keep it low down on a cold surface).

1 Like

1-2 days - 30 mins more like.

I’m referring to this product

Another sold this last hour

The USA wall charger 65W is not shipping til January, a different product.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DXM436J?tag=cm-sales-us-2019-20

I remain confident the 18W ports are being purged to be 20W, but exactly dates and how it’s rolled out, I have no clue, as that’s down to manufacturing supply chains. January feels too slow, I’d expect more like December given it’s not that complex a change.

1 Like

You would like to think the 20w versions are piled high in a warehouse to hit Amazon in good time for Christmas!

1 Like

This is a stock remaining are the units which fell out / smashed packaging. Stocks being run down…

1 Like