UK getting Powerhouse 535 512Wh

Congrats! Did that happen naturally or had you got it expedited?

Note you got your code earlier than mine, so could order before me, I had to chase so only ordered yesterday and it says the delivery is after June 28th.

I think you got lucky, or I got unlucky.

Confused - you said

and yet image

Monday was 6th, but you said this morning on 7th

No chasing needed, I think I just got lucky… maybe ordering it early helped? I hope you gets yours soon @professor

… ha! Yes, just noticed my prev post - I was away on hols when I ordered, extended bank holiday has made me lose track of the days

So did you order yesterday morning and delivered today?

I was not in any particular date sensitive urgency, I am getting it to complement existing Powercore. I have approx 360Wh of Powercore which is ample to keep phones tablets type devices going, the Powerhouse for me is more for appliance 240V devices accepting its only 500W so limiting its usefulness - e.g. cannot boil a kettle, but I have camping fuel stoves for that.

It’s been manic recently, I had to check my emails to confirm the timeline… I received the discount code on Monday, but couldn’t view/download it from my iPhone. Eventually read it and ordered direct from Anker UK using the discount code on Monday. Not quite sure what was going on with my post above, but it arrived yesterday, which I thought was impressive.

OK so you got the code, I didn’t, you ordered Monday, I ordered Tuesday.

So they had only enough stock in UK to serve you and a few others.

They are quite often chaotically incompetent at launches, they did wrong with releasing codes on a Soundcore product launch recently.

Ironically their launch failings with coded worked best as your need is more urgent than mine.

Enjoy!

I wonder if you could connect some special cable and jump start your car with this powerhouse?

Not so much a special cable but a special mode. There’s certainly plenty of Wattage but you’d need it to specifically give out 12V at high Amps.

I don’t see them mentioning they gave it that mode.

I have an Anker car jump starter I keep in the car.

I’m seeing it does

Which is 9600 Watts. None of the Powerhouses output that. But they could if they added a jumpstart capability. Wishlist?

Technically if you increase the Watts a Lithium cell outputs, it can easily but gets very hot quickly. So you have specific products which don’t worry too much about the brief very high burst. The Powerhouse would protect itself if you attempted this, so would need that mode of operation to be included.

Delivered.

Arrived 1/3rd charged, about 3 hours til full.

The mains charger gets hot the Powerhouse slightly warm.

I’m testing what it operates next, see if the passthru works (turn power off at fusebox) and do a full discharge and recharge to calibrate it. So some time til I know how well it works.

1 Like

I’ve returned my Powerhouse, it could not operate my chest freezer. The freezer is 0.7A 240V so 168W, and why I bought this Powerhouse as 168 < 500

But as the freezer comes on it implicitly briefly goes above the quoted 750W and the Powerhouse turns off immediately. The display went off at 468W.

The surge headroom either doesn’t work or isn’t high enough

For comparison an illustrative competitor’s product which does have surge to 1000W

I’ve sent them feedback it’s an obvious tweak, I asked initially if a firmware update would let this happen, but no. Pity.

1 Like

Thats a shame it didn’t work out for you @professor
But as we always say here, real world trials are worth a thousand unboxing videos from “influencers”

1 Like

It should have worked. Pity it didn’t. Freezer said 0.7A so easily below 500W and for sure below the surge of 750W.

I’d rather to try and fail with Anker than try with another brand. The support was the usual excellent, no quibble, a free return label sent.

1 Like

I used the baby brother for the first time yesterday :heart:
Kept me working all day which was great.

3 Likes

How did you get that? Competition win or the hard earned cash route?

I got mine in the latter so if didn’t work for me I can use the cash other ways.

1 Like