UK 30% Off PowerPort Atom PD 2 Amazon Deal

It is not remotely intelligent, it simply does 20V 3A if one port is connected, and then offers 30W to each port if both ports connected, independent of what each device needs.

Much better versions are highly electronically viable.

:crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

It didn’t sound that intelligent to be fair.
30 from each port of 60 out of one.
If it was variable to open with 45 and 15 etc etc that’s what I would call intelligent.
However, I still think that would sit well in my collection to complete the USBC changeover :grimacing:

2 Likes

Not a bad deal

2 Likes

I’m looking for a reason not to buy.
By the time i make my mind up the price would have gone back up, that will sure make my mind up :rofl:

1 Like

It is technology, it improves, if you buy later, you get either lower cost or better

That is sales, it is a deliberate method to make you buy. The list price is inflated way up, then a pulse of discounts so you feel the price is low so buy now, and put the price up/down/up/down to force the feeling of must buy now.

But in perspective, the cost is only £35, so if you need it, it will be useful, then buy. If you dont need it, wait, it will probably be either lower price later, or a better item will be along.

2 Likes

Yeah i get that @professor things improve and normally the price stays the same ish. But you would never buy anything if you waited for the next new thing.

As for need it, nope. I just want it.
I should know better, but I’m a marketers dream.

I’m thinking it would replace my old slow PowerPort 5 which i take on holiday.
The PowerPorts key benefit to me is the powercord.
Plug it in anywhere and base the charger block somewhere more suitable - kitchen worktop bedroom dresser etc
If Anker did a multiport PowerPort with USBC and a 1.5mtr powercord I would snap it up in a heartbeat.

1 Like

The C8 cord length is your own choice can be bought separately or in reality at some point you had an old laptop and kept the cord.

I have the Powerport 5 with a 30W port Anker sent me for Xmas

2 Likes

Is it this @professor?
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B072K5SFHG/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_.qhaFb6PXMSF7

I considered that, would make a good holiday charger. 2 USBC ports (or more preferably) in that configuration would be ideal for me.

1 Like

Nice deal :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yeah it’s the same electronics I have but just different casing.

It’s in our kitchen, the PD port recharges my Powercore, the others have a MicroB, Lightning, C cables

I’m not short on A ports so like you want PD ports but I own 6 PD ports so waiting for better.

Anker need to make a corded more PD ports charger. A PD version of this

2 Likes

5 ports would be out of this world in a box that size @professor

1 Like

Lol I got many chargers laying around so unfortunately I’m not in the market for right now

2 Likes

Same here… Too many :grin: and all Anker :blush::raised_hands:

3 Likes

I suggest if only they did 2+ USBPD and 2+ USB-A and shared, say, 85W, then that would be both highly technically viable and match the balance of most owners now.

Example product:

• 85W total
  • two ports share 60W, if you use one its 60W, if use both then one is a priority port and gets what it wants, the 2nd port gets either 18W or whatever 1st port is not using.
  • 3 ports share 25W, e.g. two 10W and a 5W for buds.

I am baffled why Anker has not done it already.

So my logic is as it’s easy to do and obvious to do, it must exist some time soon therefore any ports I buy now risk just being in a draw, I have enough ports to wait for the blindingly obvious and simple products to appear.

2 Likes

To be fair I’m at the point I could live without USBA charge ports. The only things in my house that need USBA are a few £2 mini torches.

You can get cables USBC to C and Micro.
I think the only reason USBA ports still exist on chargers, but please correct me if I’m wrong, is most charger brands still manufacture lots of USBA cables and are scared of putting off some buyers who feel they need USBA.

1 Like

USBA chargers don’t exist on purely USB-C chargers, like

A 5 port context is inevitably going to encounter the odd MicroB need, but the balance needs to be swung more to C than A. Given this is obvious, it will happen, and anything I buy now has to seen through that future lens.

Us discusing in this community is being ignored by the Anker product managers, but we can sit on our money and spend it later when they eventually do what the market requires.

2 Likes

Maybe if Anker produced a USBC to Micro and threw one in with every USBC charger to help with the migration. Or even just produce one to go on general sale.
I use Amazon Basics C to Micro, and to be fair they are decent cables.

1 Like

This double usb charger looks awesome.
I’m still loving the power port normal usb and usb c

1 Like

That’s great news @SimonJones

1 Like

Getting good performance from the power bank too.
Both doing just as id hoped, as you and @professor both described.

2 Likes