Type-C cable serious questions compatibility

Hey guys owning a phone with Type-C connector (Mi5)
I saw on the site PowerLine ; PowerLine+ ; PowerLine II
I have a few questions

1.Which is better and why?
2.Do all of them have usb 2.0 (backwards) compatibility ?
3.Whit which usb ports aren’t they (backwards) compatible with

1 Like

See http://specprime.com/what-is-the-difference-between-the-anker-premium-powerline-powerline-and-powerline-ii-lightning-cables/

They are rated at different durability, they are all good cables.

Not all models are USB 3.0, 3.0 ones are pricier than 2.0.

3.0 can be used at 2.0 speeds, it depends on what you have it connected to. Not all wall chargers have a 3.0 output. I’d recommend 3.0 for data transfer use.

Just for charging use, 2.0 is fine.

From a search, I can’t find anything that says the Mi5 uses the usb-c as 2.0 or 3.0.
But it is QC3.0 capable, but that’s done with a regular 2.0 cable.

I have a powerline+ and a powerline, both for USB-C.
I’ve noticed that the powerline+ is more flexible, which I find more convenient for my daily use.

I’m using my stock charger https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Original-Xiaomi-Quick-Charge-3-0-USB-Charger-MDY-08-EH-Mobile-Phone-Travel-Wall-Fast/1535256_32813859365.html And I red somewhere that 3.0 isnt supported by 2.0 chargers or something like that.
So mainly the differences between mentioned cables is only different durability ?

USB3.0 can be used on USB2.0 stuff but wont run at 3.0 specs, only 2.0.

QuickCharge3.0 and USB3.0 are completely different things.

You can use any good quality USB cable, to use QuickCharge

Yes, the differences between the different names is the durability. also, there are USB3.0 and USB2.0 variants of the wires.
PowerLine ; PowerLine+ ; PowerLine II
5,000bends ; 10,000bends ; able to support 175lbs and 12000bends

1 Like

What is the strength of the powerline+ II? It’s not yet available for type-c but it is for lightning. Eventually, type-c will get the new variant which will also get a lifetime guarantee.

1 Like

175lbs and 30000 bends…you can find this on the item’s description. Keep in mind, this is based on their tests and I dont have a clue how they bend the cable, whether in the middle or near the connector.

Instead of bends n lifting things, how about…
… wait for it, it’ll be worth it…

Cat proof cables!
I have replaced quite a few cables because my cat decides they taste nice! Im sure theyd still be ok after she’s chewed on them (with obvious bite marks) if I only charge my handset whilst I was present, but wouldn’t like to trust on an over-night charge.

2 Likes