Two-Cell Bolder LC90 Review (vs OG)

Yes but it’s the least reliable of anywhere. They deliver it via overhead wires and weave it through trees which fall branches in winter wet windy conditions which take down dozens of wires concurrently and wait our turn. I don’t know why they do it that way, in most other places the wires are underground.

That and we have keep days of resources for earthquakes of which it’s water, food, torches.

The shared most used resources come up first, progressively then more local. I keep about 100Ah of USB power charged, torches in every room, and 60W solar.

What happens most commonly is I’m the most prepared and I help others.

Power lines have almost always been hung overhead between power poles, it wasn’t until people started complain in ng that it ruined the scenery did they start to run power lines underground. It also cost more for underground and is more time consuming to install

Yes all the original Anker torches LC40, LC90, LC130 had user replaceable cells. The original LC40 you had to buy 18650 and a charger, the original LC90 had 18650 bundled in the box you fitted, and the LC130 had bundled 26650 you fitted. The original all had screwed on tops and LC90 LC130 had USB recharging built-in.

Yes you can buy cells separate, about $4 in bulk. Here’s one of mine

Well, good explanation… Let’s hope “The Big One” won’t come anytime soon…

In UK the power to the house is from below, as is gas, only phone cables overhead. When cable (TV, phone, internet) came out it caused a lot of road digging.

In USA only gas water is underground, everything else overhead plus the paths picked seem deliberately down rows of trees in locked rear gardens. In the last winter storm we were down many hours and I checked online there was of the order of 40 separate downed lines in local square mile.

I think I owned like 1 torch and a box of candles in UK but in USA each year has caused more bulking up of local autonomy.