Today's topic | What is on your travel bucket list?

My wife has been to Europe, but I have never been! That is the big goal as of now, Germany is what I am looking forward to most.

Thinking a massive one to accommodate 2 adults 2 kids, and a dog lol

I want one that I’m not cramped in and being 6”7 means that it’s only fitting the rv would be big too lol

1 Like

Better to get expanding RV.

You can do on standard license so long as on/under 7.5ton. enough room to travel around in, but when parked up, you can extend, and get.more space.

Easier n quicker than a caravan, but caravan means.you have separate car when parked.up.

My friends in Florida went on a cross country trip last year and they had used an RV that had a hidden car bay underneath. It was amazing watching them press a button and the hatch opens up and their 599GTB comes sliding out on a platform. But I guess if you can afford that car you can pretty much afford anything…I know money isnt everything but it sure would be nice to have some

1 Like

Now I know what this RV is.
It’s quite a home on wheels.
Like a bus.
I read that many US-citizens sell their house and are strolling around with such a RV.
Fuel cost?
I dont know.
The only thing I know the fuel is much more cheaper in the USA as in Europe. :weary:

Having been on the going to teh sun highway many times including when it is only partially open, I agree that it is worth seeing. Also, if you like to backpack, there are some great destinations in Glacier. I have packed as far as teh Canadian border.

If you enjoy the outdoors, you may also enjoy canoeing the wild and scenic of the Missouri River. It is worthwhile and I have even watched a cougar trying to kill a deer while on trips there.

I would especially suggest flying into where you can go watch the giant coastal browns catching and eating salmon at brooks falls. (Note: you can watch the brooks falls cams to get a general idea). On the way out to the falls viewing area, my wife walked extra fast and kept repeating, you are going to kill me yet, you are going to kill me yet. Then she suddenly exclaimed, “One of these days you are going to get me killed.” On the way back she was much calmer and considers that the highlight of our Alaska trip. But, on the way out she was terrified of encountering one of the bears.
I would also suggest the Glacier Bay cruise. The amount of wildlife seen on that cruise is well worth the trip.
Also, seeing Denali and especially doing a bus trip to the end of the road and a flight around the mountain area both worth it.

Also, speaking of Glacier park, during the salmon run, it is a good time to go to Apgar and view and photograph all the eagles that come in to eat the salmon.

In India, I would suggest Khajuraho to see those old “erotic temples” very unique.
Also, Darjeeling is worth visiting.
And, in early May, it is good to go into Sikkim and take a trip up to the end of the gravel road near the Chinese border at over 14,000 feet.
On the way at about 10,000 to 12,000 feet you go through the valley of flowers. The entire valley is filled with rhododendrum trees that are about 15 to 20 feet tall. The valley has red, white, yellow, orange, and purple iflowers n bloom on the trees that time of year.

Also, I would suggest several of the wildlife sanctuaries in. India such as Jim Corbett National Park for tigers and teh Sunderland for many types of wildlife. There are also several excellent wildlife sanctuaries in southern India.

I hope you get to do one or more of these suggestions.
Dexter Penwell

The ones I like require cat c on license but unfortunately I am not old enough to be lucky to have the all the cat’s after passing my test. Think that stopped in 1997 :pensive:

1 Like

The USA distances are long and apart from a narrow strip of land on the west coast and east coast, most of the land is sparsely populated. That equates to long straight quiet roads. A single economic area about 3000 miles across with no borders.

Most of the jobs are where are the cities, most of which in the narrow west and east and a few cities “in the middle” like Houston, Chicago.

So yes, you could sell a home in the west or east and buy a luxurious Winnebago and a small car to tow behind it, and a few bikes, and retire on the road. You would winter in the south (e.g. Florida), summer the north, drive away from hurricanes, visit events briefly in the expensive places (e.g. San Francisco).

Quite a “gypsy life” . I would like it. :grin:
But I think the US friends here have more a “steady life”:smile:

Can’t wait to see your pictures in Berlin! :heart_eyes:

Hey, thanks so much for those suggestions! And welcome to the community! :blush:

Still got some more to go, but I have started uploading them all to Flickr, enjoy!

photos

2 Likes

I really want to go to Toronto.