Thoughts on the Anker PowerCore II 20000

Hi
I just wanted to share some thoughts on this new Anker PowerCore II 20000 I received for those that are thinking of purchasing it.
The good: Some of the things I like are as follows: PowerIQ is amazing. My devices charge fairly quick. I can charge an iPhone 7 in under 2 hours from 2% to 100%. To charge the iPhone 7+, it takes just a few minutes over 2 hours from about 5% to 100%. The charging capacity is great. I was able to obtain 6 full charges for the iPhone 7, iPhone 7+ before the battery indicator dropped to 1 bar. The packaging was excellent as expected from the Anker brand. I received the item in a neatly packed box, the battery was sealed in a clean looking plastic bag. The little box that contained the charging cables, battery pouch was also a nice touch as well. Another feature I liked is the ability to charge with two USB cables that essentially cuts the charging time in half. I have the Powercore 26800 and that only has the capability to charge with one cable which takes about 6-8 hours for a full charge.

The bad:
There are not a whole lot but I did not find the large anker logo on one side of the battery very appealing to the eye. The small one should suffice for displaying the brand. When charging with the two cables, the device felt a little warmer than normal. I’m not sure if this is the expected behavior since you are charging with two cables therefore receiving more power from your source to the battery pack as it charges. This battery is also a little larger than normal. I have a power core 20100 and 26800 and they are not even close to the size of Powercore II. They seem to have the same capacity but for some reason this one is larger and much heavier.

A few pictures
https://goo.gl/photos/D662ZFT4VksNK1fb6

1 Like

Typo? That makes no sense. 26.8Ah/2A = 13 hours, not 6-8 hours. The newer Powercore 26800 with 4A input would be nearer to 7 hours.

Not wholly correct.

The PowercoreII is 17.2 cubic inches, the Powercore 20100 is 13.2 cuin and the Powercore 26800 is 19.8 cuin. So the PowercoreII is larger than the Powercore 20100 and smaller than the Powercore 26800. I accept given its a newer design, the fact it is larger than an earlier product is a little disappointing, but I expect Anker have their reasons, it does after all have more Wattage output.

When I charge my 26800, I have started at about 1-2 bars. I’ll charge it from zero. I’m sure you’re right but that’s what it seemed to me when I charge it.

For the size, I’m referring to the bulkiness of that Powercore ii. Don’t get me wrong when it sounds like I’m complaining. It’s a great device and I love all my anker power core chargers. This one in particular seems slightly bigger than the others that I use. Would I buy another? Most likely yes because I admire their service, warranty and great products.

The volume and weight of two Powercore 10000 is 14.9 cuin and 12.8 oz, compared with the Powercore II 20000 is 17.2oz and 12.3oz. That is a puzzle of why it is so big.

Hence if you’d bought 2 10000mah you’d have the same recharge time (2 batteries with 2A input is same as 1 battery with two 2A input), it would be smaller and you have some diversity as harder for both 10000 to fail than the 20000 to fail.

The impact of failure is contextual, e.g. a week away from mains power, you’d have more impact if your 1 battery were to fail, than if 1 of your 2 batteries were to fail. If this battery is just for being around say the house unplugged from mains, then failure is less consequential.

Note: I have never had any Anker batteries fail on me, years-old Anker E5 still going strong. I’m just talking of the “what if” and computing size, weight.

I totally get what you’re saying. I have a few of the 5200 mah batteries for situations you just described. I think I’m gonna look at the 10000 ones now too.

According to chargerharbor.com, Powercore 2 does not use Panasonic battery cells. Therefore, considered as a disadvantage in long term.

I know you’re forwarding someone else’s opinion.

Without evidence it is just opinion. Source of why Panasonic = better?

Anker’s 18 months warranty will catch a lot.