Thoughts on the Anker Dashboard Magnetic car mount phone holder

Amazon Product Link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01I4U6RYA/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I purchased the Anker Dashboard Magnetic car mount phone holder for my trip to Hawaii. I have no idea where I am going and wanted a way to mount my phone on my dash to use for GPS navigation.

I really like the magnetic plate you put on the back of your phone to use with the car mount. It holds really well. One thing I learned thought is that this seems to stick better on the windshield as opposed to the dash. It was really hot in Hawaii and the suction would fall off in a few days. I was using an iPhone 7 Plus so this is a pretty heavy phone. I did not seem to have that issue when the phone was suctioned to the windshield.

Pros:

1. Suction cleans easily and re-sticks if you need to switch between cars
  2. Magnet holds heavy iPhone 7 plus pretty solid.

Cons:

• Not really a con but it would fall of the dash easily in hot weather. Probably works as designed but I would probably prefer something with an adhesive.
  • Needs more plates. I want my wife and kid to have one of the magnetic plates on their cases too and at the time didn’t see that Anker sold the extra magnetic plates separately for those with multiple cases or family members that need it. I had to purchase from another vendor but would like to buy from Anker.

Would I recommend? Of course. The product is solid but just need to know that this type mounts better on the windshield as opposed to the dash. FYI, I cleaned my dash pretty good so there shouldn’t be any dust under the suction cup.

1 Like

Thanks for your fair, honest and unbiased review!:grin: