Thoughts on new iPhone coming out?

I wont be getting either of the new iPhones! I’ve got the 6s at the moment and its doing the job great! Don’t think either the 8 or X have any really exciting new features for me to upgrade to them!

1 Like

I’m also apprehensive about having no Touch ID, but did pre-order the X. Will use it as my daily for a week and see how face ID fares against Touch ID for payments and such.

I’m highly doubtful I’ll lose any money using it for a week, given the 5-6week delay to get one here in the UK.

Apple do have a 14 day return policy (used myself in the past), so if it doesn’t workout just return for a refund :smile:

I wouldn’t return it I would sell it for twice as much on ebay because you know people will pay anything to hae apples newest and greatest

The going rate on eBay currently is +£300 on top of retail for a 64gb in either colour. Would definitely still get my money back and sell the case I’ve ordered to go with it.

Or be a good samaratin and take it back so someone can have a good day!

Ouch for those on the Three network who plumped for one…

Ouch indeed but then one born every minute. Hence Brexit.

When visiting UK I use Giffgaff, unlimited is £20/month

Buy an unlocked global LTE OnePlus5 when visiting USA for £364. Or almost any phone and you’re still cheaper.

Total cost over 2 years is £844, or £35/month.

Personally even though I have 10GB/month data plan in USA I average about 1.6GB as there is only such you need a phone for and so in UK the £10/month is perfectly adequate which makes phone+network £25/month.

I use about 10-12 gb of data a month, mostly using Spotify and Sirius while driving as well as Waze.
I have unlimited data but get throttled at 22gb. I’ve never hit it but got warnings one month about getting close.

I ordered an iPhone X 256mb. I’m on AT&T Next Every Year program where I pay 39 a month and get a new phone every year with trade in of old one. Basically it’s like renting the phone unless you choose not to upgrade every year and then you own it after 2 years. I usually skip the yearly (S) update but didn’t this year since it was a major model change to the X. I would sell my old device and apply towards a new one.

I also use my phone more now than I do a pc except for things like budget software and morning news reading.
I imagine eventually you will just dock to a docking station and the phone will replace your pc all together

Already done
Motorola tried this and failed, So far Samsung has done this right with the Dex dock and allows your phone to replace a pc

1 Like

A laptop shell that you slide in your phone as the brain would be awesome

Motorla also did this for a laptop and didn’t fair too well, I believe it was the atria phone they used.
Asus also did something similar with the padphone and converted it to a larger tablet

1 Like

Phones are thermally challenged, they can run fast for a short time but not sustained the heat builds up, so they’re bad for vast types of tasks like media processing large complex documents.

A laptop with a fan is next level up.

A Tower PC is next level up and even then some need to run liquid cooling through them if they overclock.

The electronics in phones are different. You’re often talking for the same level of performance, a phone is more expensive. The same $ spent on a laptop can be faster as it doesn’t have to shrink everything with such attention to expensive details.

Guess that depend’s on why someone voted Brexit though, there were multiple facets to why people voted…but get your point on some parts :smile:

2 Likes

https://www.t3.com/news/new-2018-iphone?utm_content=buffere538a&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer_t3fb

I just bought an iPhone X and you told me there will be a new iPhone XI…I want to cry… :sob:

Nature of the beast, tech products normally have a successor waiting before the predecessor even get’s out the door into into the wild :wink:

2 Likes

Finally they might include type c charging cable with iPhones https://www.t3.com/news/new-iphone-xi-iphone-se-2-and-iphone-xl-could-fast-charge-right-out-of-the-box?utm_content=buffer95642&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer_t3fb

From what I gather they will include a fast charging brick, but the end on the phone will still remain lightning cable…there’s no way apple will give that up as it makes them far to much money. But they will start using usb c plugs to lightning cable end like they have now.

Only makes sense that they finally offer fast charging when every other phone maker already has it, even low end devices can be fast charged