Thoroughly disappointed with Anker

I’ve never bought through Aliexpress so I cannot comment on the support that is offered/not offered. But what I can give is my personal opinion of my experience with the Anker support, which to be honest has been nothing but exemplary. I never expect “red carpet” treatment and compared to other companies I’ve dealt with (not just tech), Anker would be at the top. I’m sure if you spent time reading though the forum you will get a glimpse of others experiences on any issues they have had.

It does seem that you may have gotten a defective speaker, as you said you read the reviews where both the speaker and support got great reviews. So it would be a shame to tarnish the company based on one experience. Now you have raised your concerns and got a response from @AnkerOfficial, I’m confident you will see the support to which we all are so use to.

I’d be interested in a hearing if your opinion changes in the few days / week.

Thanks for the words of support @bobbleheaderman , hopefully now that @AnkerOfficial has also responded the original poster might be calmer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @oddman, Sorry you had such a bad experience and I’m sure Anker will do the ‘right thing’ here, and offer you either a replacement or refund. Let us know how it goes…

1 Like

Hi @oddman,

I have communicated with our colleagues in Aliexpress.

We take your problem seriously, and they will contact you by email tomorrow.

Please don’t forget to check it. If you have any other problems, let me know.:innocent:

2 Likes

I can understand your frustrations. I’ve had similar things happen to me. I’d ask that you withhold your blacklisting campaign and give them the opportunity to make things right. I have had only positive dealings with @AnkerOfficial and support@anker.com and that is what has led me to be such a loyal customer and Anker enthusiast.

In our world, even the best companies will ship a defective product. That is just the nature of things. After having purchased 50+ Anker products I’ve never had one arrive defective, so I believe you are the anomaly, not the norm.

Good luck on getting everything worked out!

2 Likes

Hi. I purchased also in Aliexpress same unit. I have purchased two units of the soundcore pro. One is same situation with this. After a while in first charge, it’s not gonna turn on. I am planning to give the other one but I am afraid it will be defective also. So currently, I am trying it out now, I really hope it is a good unit. I have purchased also 6 headsets and 3 minispeakers while on promo, not tested everything yet. I am still to file a dispute with anker in Aliexpress. Quite thankful that Anker here have reached out to them considering the situation that oddman had experienced. I hope mine will be favorable soon. I will update here in their replies.

Don’t use another persons post to post about YOUR problem. Why not just try to contact Anker directly that is always the best choice.

1 Like

Hello everyone!

A good update: Anker decided to give me a full refund though Aliexpress, so I feel a little better now :slight_smile:

I’m confident that the products are good as long as they work - that was never an issue. For the short moment that my SoundCore Pro actually worked I was blow away by the sound quality. It’s the problem I had with the “worry free” warranty that really set me off! Perhaps I should’ve guessed that purchasing through Aliexpress was a bad idea, but then again it was Anker’s official store, so I assumed it wouldn’t be a problem.

But anyway, I’ve gotten over it and as long as the refund actually get on my account I’m good.
The only “problem” being that I still don’t have a bluetooth speaker with good sound in my house. Don’t know if I’ll consider Anker again though because of all this, but you never know. Will not purchasing through Aliexpress again though, and honestly Anker should be more clear that the people buying from there really don’t have access to the worry free warranty (unless you are being a pain in the ass like I was).

So have a great 2018 everyone and take care!

5 Likes

Now buy one locally with that refund. Walmart sells them! And if it turns out to not work again (rare) then you can simply return via walmart! :grin:

3 Likes

Glad to here it has worked out…see I do actually read what you write :grin:

6 Likes

I’d give it another go and buy it either thru Amazon or locally. With technology, there’s always a chance you’ll get a dud. But I’m glad that you were able to get a refund. You said that you were blown away by the sound quality so it sounds like you really liked it. So why not give it another go? Happy New Year :slight_smile:

Glad you have a good resolution

Glad everything worked out!

Squeaky wheel really does get the grease.