There is one thing makes me angry

Often there show up questions regarding issues and problems from customers.

Where are the answers from those gifted “testers”
who got their hands on these items?
They should and could help,
But there is nothing.

A few of the well known members are doing their jobs here perfectly.
But the majority?
Silence!

I would like to help, but without knowing about the item I can not.
This is frustrating.

6 Likes

I am still new here but looking at the questions I mostly see the same people giving answers.
Perhaps some don’t see the messages for help before the others have replied?
Or perhaps some don’t feel confident in their knowledge of the problem to give an answer maybe?

1 Like

Good point, and a good topic, thanks for bringing up @Chiquinho

I am trying to do my bit, with questions on items I have had my hands on from Anker (Thanks to Anker @Ankerofficial for the testing opportunity),

1 Like

I normally tend to answer any questions related to the products that I own, be it testing item or not …

1 Like

The problem is most people dont tend these forums like the rest of us so they never see the questions and when they do they dont respond because others already have

2 Likes

I don’t usually answer because others tend to tell me I’m wrong when I do. Not much help…

1 Like

Very true

I tend to just provide sarcastic remarks

2 Likes

I help when I can but as I only have a few products I am not always the most helpful and some of my advice is purely theory from having worked on devices.

1 Like

So far I have officially helped with 2 answers. I try to help as much as I can. But I understand your frustrations @Chiquinho

1 Like

So what post will you accept as an answer for your question here @Chiquinho … may be my this post :wink:

1 Like

Huh, whatever! :joy:

1 Like

I know that you all who wrote here are those who are doing their best.
But were are all the others?
Where are the many unknown who show up only when there is something donated or something to test?
From those hundreds are only a few left here.
Too bad.

2 Likes

I agree with you @Chiquinho but this is only one of the benefit Anker expecting from giveaway winners. Though I tend to help out even if it’s not a giveaway if I can.
(Eufycam is the most comfortable product I can troubleshoot and it’s fully paid by me before Anker went to production :wink:)

The other big thing is Marketing and reaching out to more customers. That is why Anker is not worried about donating if they have to, to those lurkers :joy:
Anker needs to understand the returns in that way are very slim to none, but this is only my opinion and I could be wrong.

1 Like

Good point, @Chiquinho!

The one thing I struggle is that, while I may be very familiar with a certain charger for example, someone will ask “Hey, does this charger fast charge the [insert obscure device]?”. I will try to Google the charging input specs, but my efforts usually come up empty and I don’t want to give the wrong advice. :pensive:

2 Likes

Note that being a tester is different than giving someone support. Having testing a product is a different skill set than supporting a product.

Testers are usually giving UI/UX experiences.

Support is more about asking the right questions to understand the problem at hand

Also note the pool of testers is small and thus users can experience issues that testers have not seen

I also don’t think Anker should be expecting testers to be support people. If an individual wishes to that’s fine. But that shouldn’t be the expectation

1 Like

Agree on most points, however say, someone for example, says the Soundbuds Slim does not work with Chromebook… or disconnects, since I tested it and still have it, I can test it and provide the feedback… or what might be a possible cause for product not working as it should.

However these forums are not a replacement for the support, and only a means to help users as a community.

Product Support from manufacturing company has the Final say on Fix / Resolution!

1 Like

Whenever I got items via the old Power user program .
I tested those an wrote reviews.
And whenever there was a question by a customer I tried to give an answer.
There are many questions showing up at amazon.de about items I know.
If I am able I give an answer to the customers, though I am NOT in the support.:wink:
OK you might argue I am retired and got a lot of time to do this,
but I think if we get so many donations it is quite a duty to act this way.
Some will ( we know those :grin::grin::grin:), others not of course
( we don’t know them :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:) .

2 Likes