The Story Behind the #LockdownBox

lockdown%20survival%201200x500

So, you’ve probably caught our teasers on social media regarding a #LockdownBox :package: and seeing as you guys are our biggest fans, I thought you might be interested in a bit of the back story to this promotion.

Post1-1200x675

Just over a month ago, we partnered with Linus Tech Tips to create a video called “1 Man, 100 Speaker Party” as part of the #100Flare2 campaign. Linus showcased PartyCast technology by connecting 100 speakers across his huge house.

We were surprised at just how popular that video became, now sitting at over 1,800,000 views! Clearly, we’d struck a chord in the general psyche of what people are going through under lockdown, i.e.: extreme boredom and the need for some escapism!

Based on that, we put our heads together to come up with another idea on how we could provide you guys with 10 minutes of fun and a way to forget about Covid-19, even if it’s only for a few moments.

And so, the idea of a Lockdown Care Package was born :package:

Nobody knows what the world is going to look like next week, let alone a month from now, so this needed to be completed in the fastest possible time. We set a goal of one month to have the campaign live (those of you who work for big corporations will know just how big of a challenge this is).

The idea originated in the Soundcore team and then they got Anker and Nebula on board as well, because who would want a Lockdown Care Package without a PowerHouse and a Capsule?!

Once we had everyone on board, we got started.

The first job was designing the box itself! There’s no way we could manufacture something suitable in the few days we had, so we hopped online and found this :point_down:

Not the most beautiful thing in the world, I’m sure you’d agree, so we set to work on transforming it into something special.

The care and dedication that went into this from the design team was incredible.

Within a couple of days, the exterior was done, but how about the interior? The four products we’d selected needed to sit securely because we were shipping it across the world. We also wanted to make sure the aesthetic was consistent.

And so we went from this :point_up_2:, to this :point_down:

(Good job @galaxy.zhang on those wrapping skills!)

Then we decided to make the holders black, like this :point_down:

Inside%20Design%203

Until eventually, the interior was done :point_down:

Inside%20Design%202

Next up was product info, e.g. why was this tech good for a lockdown care package? Well, that was no challenge for our Head Copywriter, @Will, who’s worked across most of the Anker brands in the 7 odd years he’s been with the company.

One%20Pager

So that was it! In 2-3 weeks we’d procured, re-designed, and packaged a completely customized Lockdown Care Package. Now, all we needed to do was deliver it to the influencer. Nerves were high, to say the least. If this didn’t make it, if the package got lost, if the slightest thing went wrong, the 3 weeks of effort that went into not only the box but also the website design and influencer negotiation, would all have been wasted.

Thankfully, the box made it through. Now it was onto the influencer to bind this entire thing together and, I think you’ll agree, Unbox Therapy did an awesome job…

So there you have it! Thanks for reading and don’t forget to check out all the good stuff on our Lockdown Care Package page.

Which products would you have in your own Lockdown Care Package? :thinking:

21 Likes

Great story @AnkerOfficial

@Insider @professor @Shenoy @Chiquinho @ndalby @TechMan @Ice1 @daniel.r.mcavoy @TechnicallyWell @ikari04warrior @paulstevenewing

You guys always notice news/events before the official post :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I guess I can tell how much you love us now :laughing::tada::tada:

10 Likes

Thanks Paul :wink:

2 Likes

You’re welcome, have a great day Pei.

1 Like

That’s a nice list from most of the VIP’s here!
Some are missing, but not so many! :rofl:

@Chiquinho hold on, I know more :rofl: Let me try!

@jercox @Duane_Lester @Tank @onstar @tugar32 @Element321

and our new friend @Imo_Iri!

Okay I tried, I think that’s all I can remember for now :rofl::rofl:

I’m sure there are more.

Give me a hint if I miss any one haha

9 Likes

No snacks in the box? :cry:
Just kidding… very cool project!

1 Like

Yes some snacks and a beer!
Those will help to calm down first after opening! :rofl:

1 Like

Yes, I feel from the future you send us all a Powerconf…

1 Like

I dont need a powerConf.
This is the true future of communication!

Long distance:

images

Short distance :

sp

2 Likes

really cool idea … NICE :sunglasses: @AnkerOfficial

This would be a great item for the auction… just saying lol

Nice idea, pretty sure the box comes handy for some people :wink:

Most people already in lockdown bought what they discovered they needed.

Think about the end of lockdown box. More social distancing but more freedom to go to work. Less use of bus, train, more bike, more driving. What items?

Roav and waterproof theme.

Bike is dangerous!
Better use such one :
index

1 Like

What? Did someone say beer?

1 Like

Thank you @AnkerOfficial for the mention :slight_smile:

Anker (& Soundcore) communities has been the single most visited site for me during the lockdown so far !

1 Like

Its me, who else! :rofl:
Take a look at the beer club or at the weekend activities.
Much more fun than only the boring “Watts&Volts” :smile:

1 Like