The Next High-End iPhone - What Will it Even be Called?

In light of the recently announced ‘iPhone 8’ giveaway, I thought I’d spur conversation in the potential naming of the device. This being, the one that is expected to feature shrunken down bezels, a 5.8" OLED display with a pixel density of greater than 500 ppi, no home button, face scanning technology, and much more. It is also rumored to have a starting price of at least $1000.

It seems almost everyone has been referring to this upcoming device from Apple as the iPhone 8, however, I don’t see that happening. Apple’s flagship phone is expected to be announced alongside the iPhone 7s and 7s+ sometime in September. If it were to be called the iPhone 8, then what would the upgrade to the iPhone 7s be called next year? iPhone 8 II? Highly unlikely. Instead, I believe Apple will call it iPhone Pro. Just look at their other products. We have iPad Pro, MacBook Pro, Mac Pro, and soon iMac Pro. It only makes since that they will launch iPhone Pro. It was previously rumored to be named iPhone Edition, similar to the Apple Watch Edition, which is the Apple Watch that costs over $1000.

So what do you think the next high-end iPhone will be called? Maybe you still think iPhone 8 is reasonable. Let me know with a comment down below.

2 Likes

MALUS

Malus is a genus of about 30–55 species of small deciduous apple trees or shrubs

1 Like

I’ll bet you 1000 Power Bucks. :joy::joy:

2 Likes

uh----no. That’s like a months pay besides you are probably right, not much change in the naming process since inception

1 Like

Rumor said it can be iPhone 8 / Edition / X or iPhone Plus

I prefer iPhone 8 :yum:

Wouldn’t it be iPhone 7s?.. iPhone 5s, 6s, 7s, etc. if they are keeping up with tradition. But I could see them calling it calling it iPhone Pro or just 8. Either way, it’ll be interesting to see if all or any of the rumors are true. I’m really hoping that the rumor on pricing is just that… a rumor. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

The media assumes it is gonna be iPhone 8, edition or X.

Another rumor is that Apple is starting to kill of the numbers at the end and wants to keep it simple and streamlined. They used the MacBook as an example and how they want people to just see an iPhone or MacBook, etc.

Maybe the iPhone 7s will be called the iPhone while the iPhone 8 will be called iPhone Plus or Pro.

this is just my guess!

1 Like

Well it is the 10 year anniversary, I am not sure but didn’t they say iPhone 8 at the 2017 spring conference? The Anker blackmarket @bobbleheaderman @joshuad11

Well, three iPhones are expected. iPhone 7s and 7s+ are expected and then the most premium model, which I think will be iPhone Pro.

1 Like

I agree.
iPhone
iPhone Plus
iPhone Pro
-OR-
4.7" iPhone
5.5" iPhone
iPhone Pro (5.8")

What spring conference?

The one that was in June, WWDC 2017 (World Wide Developers Conference).

The new iphone will be called the Anker Powercore++ iPhone with 30,000 with PD Usb-C, whoops I accidentally revealed it @AnkerOfficial :laughing:

1 Like

No, they never said that.

iPhone Fantastic or iPhone Fabulous :grin:

1 Like

high-end version maybe iphone pro??? seems like the direction they’re going…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Apple’s naming has been off its game…

High Sierra and HomePod?

I wouldnt be surprised if they named their iPhone something ridiculous tbh

2 Likes

iPhone 1K

In honor of its price ($1000)

UK model is called different - iPhone 2K.

3 Likes

It should be called the “fragile more expensive with less features I’m rich & can afford dongles and Hate fingerprint sensors™” but that would be to honest of a name for Apple :sunglasses:

4 Likes