The need for a dash cam just got real!

Here in California we are limited to 10rds only :unamused: Thats why you better be a damn good shot. Another thing is if you have a handgun and say for example you were in this situation that @elmo41683 and his wife were in. Reading what he said happened here in CA he wouldnot have been justified to shoot until that other party made him fear for his life, wether directly stating he would kill “Mr Or Mrs.Elmo” CA is a crap state to even remotely want to shoot someone you will have the entire book thrown at your ass, just for protecting it. Regardless of that I always carry everywhere I go (CCW) I have only had to draw my firearm once in 6 years which is good given the area I live in. So for someone to say firearms make a situation worse, I would have to disagree, I would rather be caught with a firearm than without. And would rather have the chance to be judged by a panel of 12 than carried away by 6. :wink:

1 Like

I like facts, they are always the strongest basis to form opinions.

+1 gun = +1 more which can shoot = +N deaths

Add these to:

Hence the issue is you’ve got lethal weapons in hands of those not fit to own, and it is not your health today or the day you got the gun but every day of your life from the time you got the gun.

These are roughly the numbers I see

• the ability to harm others directly with words ~ nil
  • ability to harm someone with bare hands ~ 1
  • ability to harm someone with a knife or a truck of some other mass available general product ~ 1 - dozen
  • ability to kill with guns ~ 1 - hundreds

So the data suggests removing of guns is the best approach. +1 gun is an advocacy for a worse situation, and the answer has to be multiple including general civility, politeness, consideration, tolerance and better mental health services, because these other non-gun aspects are better in other countries with similar gun ownership.

If it were easy to do all these then the problems would not exist now to the current scale, so it takes both the ability, via schools, to separate facts from opinions, the ability to be rational, logical conclusion from evidence, and then these evidence-based logical people to then go and vote in the obvious.

I’m a strong advocate of:

So say you run away… and that person in turn would still more than likely follow you if like you say they are not in their right minds that particular day, and they will still try to harm you and probably worse than if you stayed there in the first place or had the ability to protect yourself with a handgun ending the threat right then and there. There are some situations where running away is not the best solution is my point. Most mass shootings and shootings in general could have been avoided if there was a person with a means of eliminating that threat in the room or nearby. Statistics only take into consideration crimes that law enforcement knows about so statistics isn’t really a solid foundation to base a complete argument about wether weapons should be entirely eliminated thus resolving crime in the world.

We live in a world where technology can produce anything we want from the privacy of our homes. So say one day guns were banned and no one had them and we ALL turned in our firearms and weapons. Then we get into the ghost gun debate. Individuals manufacturing and making their own weapons and firearms from the privacy of their own homes much more “deadly” if you ask me.

And individuals can be hurt with words as we are now seeing in this day and age, young kids and adults commit suicide everyday without so much as another individual laying a finger on them. So to say words do not kill is wrong. Bullying accounts for over 4400 deaths per year and for each of those deaths over 100 individuals will attempt to kill themselves. It’s just the facts of this world that we live in. Nothing we do or say will ever stop it from getting worse as much as we would like to think otherwise.

1 Like

Though what prosecutor is going to go after a woman for self defense? The jury would be in more favor since the assailant is dead and its now her word and @elmo41683. The case would most likely be written off since no one is going to risk the reputation and job over something like that. Ten rounds is not bad, just carry a double kydex inner belt rig and then you have an additional two mags, plus the one in you handgun.

1 Like

@nigelhealy @cava3395 @cdarienzo1 i appreciate the feedback guys but really lets not get into the debate over guns and what one does or doesnt do on their own terms. I already said it wasnt an option right now so please leave it at that and end the debate.

My wife and I are fine, she is no longer shooken up from the situation and we are moving forward.

1 Like

We were talking about guns in general not what you and your wife want to do or not do for self defense. :grin:

Exactly. A well centered shot will make it in your favor :joy::joy: :wink:

Yeah I carry two mags and whats in the handgun. So I should be fine. Id rather be over prepared than not at all. :grinning:

:thumbsup: Seconded. Sorry to hear what happened to you and your wife, there are some right a-holes in the world to be sure. Glad your wife is now less shaken from the incident :slight_smile:

Thanks @ndalby