The july diaries | must haves for summer vacation

Damn you’re in desert part of California it’s 76 in temescal valley near riverside

1 Like

Yeah this is the central valley EVERY year… :rage:

Yikes! I’m in Santa Monica, California and it’s been in the 70s.

1 Like

I hear you

1 Like

I’m near San Francisco and it varies wildly. Which is perfectly fine, it more decides if we eat indoors, outdoors and what time of day we exercise. Today a little warmer so exercise nearer dark. As a rough guide, look out the window, if see the fog rolling over, then it is 40F cooler in the hills, otherwise it is 20F cooler in the hills. But accept that other places have totally different issues.

From an Anker perspective, this translates into:

• weekday it is hot = daylight indoors avoiding heat, dark outdoors waiting for indoors to cool enough to then go to bed, so lots of tablets, Chromebooks in the evening
  • weekday it is cold = daylight outdoors as the sun is so strong it makes the coldest day warm, but otherwise indoors.
  • weekend, hot = go to the beach, sit on the beech and take all your gadgets and take lots of Powercores (possibly solar too) and wait til evening
  • weekend, cold = go skiing. So solar (as altitude = UV = solar loves all those high energy photons).

We also end up with lots of solar, Powecores, so when the Grid goes off with the next big Earthquake, we’re perfectly fine. Just more BarBque living off defrosting freezer, then dried, then tinned, waiting for PG&E.

1 Like

Where are you based for the freaking hot weather? In the UK our summer seems to consist of 2-3 days or weekends of warm weather if we are lucky. Not even compensated with snow at Christmas :laughing:

I’m one of those nerds still playing Pokemon Go! :smile:
There was a special event this week in the game, so despite the 90+ degree weather, I’ve been outside walking (and baking) in the sun. The Astro E1 has been my companion as it’s still portable enough to keep in my pocket, but has enough capacity for when my friends see me using it and say, “Hey, can I get a charge?”.

that is INSANE

1 Like

Although I stopped after 1-2 weeks when it came out, I heard that they are gonna do some legendary pokemon event in chicago first and then to the rest of the world. :slight_smile:

CATCH EM

More water resistant products? When it is hot you tend to be with less everything, less clothes, small bag.

A Powercore+ Mini which is waterproof?

A Powercore 10000 which is waterproof?

1 Like

I want buy the robovac11 :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@TechnicallyWell I carry a USB-C 20100 Power bank in my blue jeans pocket and people look at my like i am crazy. Though I am the one laughing when i can charge my phone for days, literally

1 Like

Not rated highly.

YES! I wonder if there is a lot of demand for something like this. @nigelhealy didn’t you mention wanting something like this once?

Me? I don’t think so. What I wanted is not really summer related which is a merger of the Powercore+ Mini with the form factor of the LC40 so I had a torch which would recharge my phone. A waterproof battery has the problem the seal must necessarily be opened to recharge/discharge so that seal will fail before the battery fails.

I keep my phone in a waterproof bag and access it via BT buds, smartwatch and the touchscreen. I have a bag and phone which can be put with the Powercore 5000 Slim to recharge whilst in wet situations, something better than a waterproof phone or battery.

The issue with waterproof device is it adds cost, weight, you are lugging that all the time, and the seals fail and so if you expect them to stay waterproof they will fail eventually. The seal on the charging port which you use every day. Vs a waterproof bag if it fails you get another, they are usually about $5 each, but if you only use it when water is a risk, the bag will outlive phones.

1 Like

Here in England it rains fairly often, say 1 in 3 days. In summer it is too hot to wear waterpoofs, so no pockets, and so it is usually just carrying an umbrella. You get stray rain if you are walking using your phone under the umbrella. If you did have a waterproof phone connected to a power bank then they being able to be out in the rain would be useful at times, more so in summer.

Does Anker want to make:

• a fan
  • a solar fan?
  • a home fan with a small battery and will keep operating when the power is out?

There is a chance Eufy makes a ceiling fan, but so far, no other fans have been deemed likely.

I miss the day in London, now I based in China, summer day is quite hot here haha :joy:

A ceiling fan with a battery so it works when power outage, which is remote-controllable from phone, would be (pun) cool.

1 Like