In the age of the smartphone, we have become tethered to our phones; they control every aspect of our lives. We willingly adapt our lifestyle to run off the schedule of our smartphone’s battery .
Back when cell phones were just portable telephones, battery life lasted for days; it was impossible to drain the battery dry in one day, no matter how hard you tried. As cell phones evolved into app-driven smartphones, battery life devolved - battery life decreased exponentially and it became a constant challenge to keep our smartphone alive from sunrise to sunset.
In preparation for this blog, we asked a few of our most loyal fans to participate in a quick survey about battery life.
The following pie chart makes it very clear just how much battery life means to us.
Are you surprised at this number? It’s almost as if our phones running out of battery is akin to us running out of oxygen to breath or water to quench our thirst. Perhaps we feel the ultimate level of anxiousness when trying to book an Uber before a date with 1% battery left!
This picture perfectly sums up how our needs have evolved in the modern age.
By using Anker portable chargers, the time has come to have absolute freedom with when and how we use our smartphones. It’s time use them to their full potential by enhancing our lives.
We asked “Can you give us a story of how portable chargers have changed your lives?” and the testimonials emphasize how beneficial portable chargers have been for everyday life. Whether it’s empowering helicopter parents with the ability to watch over you, even from afar, to keeping you connected in dangerous environments, portable chargers do good things for us everyday.
● “Phone batteries save my life. When I used to work 12 hours shifts, my parents would worry that they couldn’t get ahold of me...when they came to pick me up after work I would get yelled at, asking why I don't pick up my phone...” - Sergio Ortega
● “I work unpredictable hours...My work sometimes involves life-or-death situations and communication is critical. I appreciate the confidence in my ability to stay mobile for very long periods of time since I know I can rely on my PowerCore battery packs to keep my devices charged and running.” - Dustin
● “We have four active kids...Without some way of keeping our phones/devices charged this means rationing when we take pictures/videos...With my Anker arsenal, these worries are a thing of the past...our power core is ready should we have an extra special day of memories . We often capture that moment we never would have if we needed to conserve power...Literally... a life changer.” - YardBeatles
Now that you literally hold the power to make your phone work according to your schedule, normalcy can return to your life. As a result, it was only natural to ask “How does the extra battery life empower you?” as the next question. The responses were great!
● “...so ever since I got a phone battery case, the yelling and the worries stopped.” - Sergio Ortega
● “I am able to keep in contact via email, text and calls. Because my business is based on communication, I need to be able to check resources and get information out quickly. The extra battery life helps my day last longer.” - Gary Wapnitsky
● “It makes me worry-free when traveling with a less-than-fully-charged device and removes the tension behind my mind when watching movies or browsing the internet over LTE, which is a battery hog...” - Chandrakanth Shenoy
To finish the survey, we looked towards the future: “What are your expectations of how portable chargers will change in the future?”.
● “Quick wireless charging will be standard.” - Tuan
● “Mobile batteries, once even further compacted in size will be the source of power to more than just phones and mobile devices. I definitely see more products like the Anker Powerhouse but in a more compact format in the not-so-far future. I'll surely be an early adopter!” - Saad
● “Batteries will only get better thru the years; so will Power Core chargers. Hopefully you can incorporate other natural power to charge it, such as sunlight, or movement.” - reloriaga
We really enjoyed reading these testimonials.
How have portable chargers added battery life to your lifestyle and how do you use that extra juice? We look forward to reading your comments!