The importance of good industrial design

Just a little, funny reminder that even the big companies make mistakes.

Luckily for us, the farther Soundcore could be mistaken for is a beautiful and modern vase, in the case of Model Zero…

9 Likes

Haha I would totally throw trash in there anyway, cool beans it’s an expensive Bose trashcan, lol

2 Likes

I like art and good esthetic design.
Of course the “guts” must be perfect as well.

So I like the design of the new ZERO (hope it will be show up soon)
And I’m sure ANKER (soundcore) has hidden all the ingredients inside we would like to see.
Regarding the Zero again:
A handbag? But no chance to store something in there, already full of good stuff! :joy:

3 Likes

Are there not grills on the holes, to keep things out them? That is funny though.

1 Like

I believe the holes are the subwoofers, so I imagine there are at least a foam core inside the hole. But for the warning to exist I also imagine there was some precedence… :joy:

1 Like

It is amazing that someone doesnt put 2 and 2 together when designing something like that.

1 Like

Designers are “artists”! :grin:

With that sort of design, certainly needs to be wall mounted or on a pole…floor level is a no no…

There’s a saying that goes like so: “Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool” and “If you make something idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Haha I love that saying. But it got me thinking, which one is the idiot here, the designer who made a wastecan speaker, or the idiot who looked at Bose and tossed a candy wrapper into the most expensive can they could?

2 Likes

Both? :joy:

2 Likes

you stole the words out of my mouth​:joy::joy::joy: