The Community Christmas Countdown | “Unforgettable” Gifts

My grandma got me a lemon yellow jumper one year. I must have been around 9 or 10 years old. If you can picture the most hideous early 80’s nasty yellow…

Ughhh. Still gives me shivers today!

Definitely a bad one and memorable, for all the wrong reasons.

One of my Aunts used to alternate between giving pens and socks. The pens were always Parkers - not too bad but they always disappeared soon after taking them to school. The socks were excruciatingly bad. It’s hard enough to feign enjoyment over some socks, but one pair of really ugly lumpy socks are nearly impossible to get excited about!

I think I win the worst gift ever out if all the ones posted here. Materialistic things are just that, but getting evicted and losing ones place of stay takes the Cake and wins the worst gift ever.

With that said good luck everyone

1 Like

I once received fish net stocking

Last year was the first year they did a girl’s set.

I’ve known many girls over the years want to spray my lynx in the bathroom, when they’ve gone in to use the bog!

I remember one year, I had broken my wrist, and was in plaster.

I was living in a hostel in Wales at the time. It was Christmas morning, and the chef/cook decided he was too ill to do the dinner.

So I stepped in and cooked Christmas dinner for just over 40 people. Peeling the potatoes, hand making pigs in blankets, make the pork meat stuffing from scratch, peeling sprouts… Everything, cos the lazy git hadn’t done any prep the night before… He wasn’t ill just hungover FFS

So anyways, queen’s speech was over, so time to ring the bell for dinner.

Everyone seemed to enjoy it, plenty of left overs for later.

Then EVERYONE went to bugger off… OI NO. If you think I’ve slaved making this, and your going to leave me with the washing up, while you stuff chocolates … You got another thought coming!

1 Like

This is what i got from my wife for my Baby Girl first Christmas.
Really So Funny!

2 Likes

My mom always gets me presents that I am always grateful for.
My dad likes to give me things that used to be his like shirts and advice. But one year he gave me work boots that look like Timbs. The soles of those shoes deteriorated while I was at a religious service, there I was praying, as I pick up the pieces of my brittle boots.

1 Like

My worst and most embarrassing Christmas present was given to me at work. Someone actually gave me a adult toy for secret Santa, since then they stopped doing secret santa at my workplace.

My worst gift was receiving Ned the naughty pooping pig keychain during office secret Santa :slight_smile: :poop:

Dont have it with me anymore but This is how it looked

2 Likes

When I was 8, I got the strangest gift from an estranged aunt. This:

Seriously, a back scrubber. And not one as good-looking as the one in the picture. Mine wasn’t the only, let’s say strange gift, in the family. My older brother, then 10, got a toy bow-and-arrow. Not bad, if it wasn’t one of those cheap plastic toys meant for three-year-olds. My younger brother, then 4, got a set of coasters figuring badly-drawn Paris scenes. My parents got a set of salt and pepper shakers that was so cheap it was already broken when they opened the package. And my little sister, then a 1-year-old baby got… nothing. Apparently the aunt simply forgot she existed.

It was clear from the start she simply went to a dollar store on the way to our home and grabbed whatever she touched, not even thinking which “gift” would go to whom. She said she was “doing the rounds” to deliver gifts to everyone in the family that day and couldn’t stay long. After the initial shock of receiving such strange gifts, we all laughed. My younger brother actually liked the bow-and-arrow meant for our older sibling - for the whole 20 minutes it lasted before breaking, at least. The coasters were used for a while before the images faded away. The back scrubber turned into a dog-bathing device, though the dog didn’t like it very much either.

This aunt was always source of fun encounters. She never remembered any of the names of my parent’s children, and never remembered what it was my parents did for a living, making a wild and wrong guess every time. And she only appeared at our home mid to late December. We saw her in other family parties from time to time, and she always seemed confused with everything. Today I wonder if she had any sort of condition.

1 Like

I will not be mad if you end up winning this one. I felt bad after reading you post/entry.

So Christmas 2016 I got a bowl as a gift from my brother & sister in law (who is known for really not caring about what she gives, and pretty much not spending money on others). I didn’t know how to react. They’re reason was “Yeah, we thought you’d like it since you like going to eat chinese food and sushi”. It would’ve been cool if they put a soup packet and chopsticks, but also I don’t even eat soup :no_mouth:. So my other sister in law and I made a joke that maybe next year I’d get the matching cup. And fast forward to a year later, not a matching cup but a light up cup from the 99 cents store. I was just like “Ooooh, thanks, this is cool” with a forced awkward smile. I really was thinking “wth is this?” Lol. This year we’re doing White Elephant to avoid that awkwardness, and well they decided not to participate. Hmmm :thinking::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

My unforgettable gift is the Christmas gift I got when I was 8 years old. It was about kid size trailer truck. However, it is not what I got on that Christmas matters, it is what I found out through it. On my 8th Christmas in this world, I realized Santa was not real.

It happened like this. About month before the Christmas, I found a big gift hidden in my parent’s wardrobe and for some reason, I decided to tore just bit of the wrapping on the gift. I think I might have heard some other kid claiming Santa is not real so I think I got curious and was just testing it. And as you may have guessed and to my surprise at the time, that gift showed up in my room on the Christmas morning… with exactly torn wrapping as I have damaged it. So, that’s how my belief in Santa got destroyed and that gift became my unforgettable Christmas gift.

1 Like

I think it would have to be the fourth time in a row that I received an identical scarf from my brother and sister in law.

Back in the day, my mom was very predictable when it came to certain Christmas gifts. The year the singing bass on a plaque came out, she bought several. Pet rocks? Check. Rubik’s Cube? Got one. The year the singing and dancing Coke can came out, I specifically asked to not get one. And what did I get? Yep.

My older sister got tired of me ripping paper out of her school notebooks, so she got a shoe box and filled it with spiral notebooks. I was so happy that I had my very own set of “big people” books. I had to be around 5-6 years old and had a massive scribbling party. :grin:

1 Like

I think the most forgettable gift I ever received has got to be getting a book from a friend, which I already had/read and recommended it to them…
To be honest, I think later we worked it out, that they forgot about that part - I still had a good laugh over it.

I am a University of Louisville Cardinals fan. A family member got me an Arizona Cardinals shirt (just the logo). They didn’t know the difference…was quite the laugh afterwards by myself

1 Like

#38 @takeshi Haha i actually would love to know where to find these at for a late xmas gift for a friend who loves cats plus just got a new mini fridge in her room so id love to get them!

1 Like