The Community Christmas Countdown | Delicious Christmas Recipes

That’s not true, you know that. :grin:

1 Like

I’ve got a new one. Bourbon bread pudding :
1 pound loaf of brioche bread (or substitute brioche burger buns) - best if allowed to dry out for a day or two, then cubed (approx 1 to 1.5 inch cubes)
5 eggs, lightly beaten
1 quart half and half
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup bourbon
1/2 to 3/4 cup dehydrated peach slices (best if home made, but otherwise avoid any commercially dried ones with preservatives for best flavor)
1 cup chopped pecans
2 tablespoons butter (room temp or slightly melty) plus more for greasing pan
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (get the good stuff)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (the higher quality and fresher, the better)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (the higher quality and fresher, the better)
1/2 teaspoon salt (kosher preferred)

Combine bourbon and peaches in a small container, allow to soak for at least half an hour
Butter a 9x13 inch baking pan
Put cubed bread in the buttered pan, then sprinkle with pecans
Combine butter, sugar, and eggs till blended, then add half and half, milk, spices, vanilla, and salt and whisk together to make custard mixture - there might be some butter lumps and undissolved sugar, that’s OK
Carefully pour off the bourbon from the peaches into the custard mixture, and whisk together
Sprinkle soaked peaches over the cubed bread and pecans
Pour custard mixture over bread, pecans, and peaches and stir enough to ensure the bread is coated
Allow the bread to soak with the custard mixture for an hour at room temp

Preheat the oven to 350 F. Bake the bread and custard mixture for at least 50 minutes (probably 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, depending on your oven) until the custard is set. The bread pudding will have risen somewhat and won’t wiggle excessively if you give the pan a shake. Let sit at room temperature for 10 minutes before serving. The bread pudding will shrink somewhat - that’s OK. Serve alone or with whipped cream. Leftovers keep nicely in the fridge for several days. Reheat individual servings in the microwave.

1 Like

My grandma always made a four-cheese pie. It’s pretty straightforward: pie dough on the bottom of a large glass baking dish, the four cheeses on top, 45 minutes on medium oven.

There’s two small secrets, though: the dough, which is a special recipe with lots of butter, giving it a saltiness and a crunchiness unlike other doughs; and the main cheese on the recipe must be a fresh cheese - the ones with lots of water still on it. Make sure whatever combination of cheeses you choose has at least 70% of the fresh cheese as base, then go nuts on the other 30%. I personally recommend blue cheese, mozzarella and your favourite smoked hard cheese. For a special treat, sprinkle grated mozzarella on top after the pie is on the oven about 30 minutes. You can also other stuff in the middle, like bacon, for an extra tasteful experience.

Italian Christmas Cookies are my absolute faves. Here’s how to make 'em:

Ingredients

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 eggs
15 ounces ricotta cheese
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 cups flour

Glaze
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
3-4 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup sprinkles
Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix together the butter and sugar on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, ricotta cheese, vanilla, salt, baking powder, baking soda and mix for an additional minute until combined, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until a dough forms. Portion out the dough using a medium (2 tablespoon) cookie scoop. Roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet 2 inches apart.
Bake for 8-10 minutes until the edges are lightly golden.
Transfer to a wire rack.
In a medium bowl, whisk the powdered sugar, almond extract, and milk, together until smooth. Spoon the glaze over warm cookies or alternately, dip the cookies into the gaze, and sprinkle with colored candy sprinkles.

1 Like

Caroline Reaper Chicken Gravy.

Ingredients:

It makes Christmas Dinner so good everyone can enjoy it twice.

Boxing Day:

3 Likes

It’s nothing over the top, but I can’t remember a time we didn’t have it for Christmas. It’s called pozole and there are different ways to make it. Our family does a chicken pozole. I’m not very good at giving out instructions, but here goes.
INGREDIENTS:
Broth Base-
1 chicken (cut up into sections)
1/2 of a small onion (white or yellow)
1 handful of cilantro
1 clove of garlic
2-3 tbs of salt
1 big can of either white hominy or Mexican style hominy (drain water)
3-4 tbs of chicken bouillon

Red Sauce-
4-5 dried California chiles (they’re dry and red)
3-4 tomatillos (look like tomatoes but green)
1 clove of garlic
1/4 of small onion

Optional sides:
Shredded lettuce
Sliced red radish
Tostadas

INSTRUCTIONS
In a large pot fill with enough water to cover the chicken. Pour in the cilantro, onion, salt and garlic. Keep at medium heat. Once it starts boiling a bit pour in the whole can of hominy (drained). Lower the heat if boiling too much. Once chicken seems done, remove as much of the cilantro you can and onion, and garlic. (Important note: If the hominy hasn’t soften yet, but the chicken is practically falling off, remove chicken and continue to cook.)

While that boils a bit, in a smaller pot put in the chilis, onion, tomatillos and garlic; cover with water. It’s done once the tomatillos get soft and mushy. Place all items in blender with a little bit of the water. Blend thoroughly. Then, use a strainer to pour the red chili sauce into the chicken broth. If it’s coming out into the strainer too thick, then use the water either from the chicken broth or the chili water to liquidate.

Once poured in, put the chicken bouillon to the broth. (You can add more bouillon or salt; as desired). Once the hominy is soft, it’s ready. ( To make it easier, you should shred the chicken. Makes it easier to serve) Add lettuce and radish, if desired, in your bowl. Done!

Hope I gave the instructions right. Happy holidays!

1 Like

Oh man all of y’all posting recipes man making a fat kid even hungrier… Must fight the temptations

My 10 year old son decided to be vegetarian about 6 months ago so we’ve been trying new holiday recipes. We’re going to make balsamic roasted veggies

1 Like

There are several Christmas recipes I really enjoy & tons id love to try but I think this recipe is one I want to share because;

1. Its fast, simple, easy, no bake desert (&all those to me are a big plus when having to prepare a holiday dinner-you want to enjoy it not spend every second of it in the kitchen)
  2. My grandmother made these EVERY Christmas and that was the only time they were made so even though so simple to me they were a real treat!

NO BAKE CHOCOLATE BUTTER PINWHEELS

No Bake-Easy only 3 ingredients-Made up of 2 layers of Peanut Butter&Fudge rolled together into pinwheel shape

Now I know visually they dont scream Christmas so what I personally do to some (usually half the batch) I pipe white vanilla frosting in a frosting bag and do a thin line of frosting following it around in a swirl I then add some red&green sprinkles or crushed peppermints!

Prep/Total Time: 30 minutes

Ingredients:
*1 1/2 cups of Peanut Butter Chips (Do not use regular jar Peanut Butter the consistency will not be the same & it will be very hard and sticky to work with)

• 1 1/2 cups of chocolate chips.
    *1 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk
    (& if you want to add some xmas flare a container of white vanilla frosting & red&green sprinkles &/or crushed peppermints.)

Instructions:

1. Line a 15x10" baking sheet with tin foil & spray with non stick spray. Set to the side.
  2. In medium size microwave safe bowl combine PB Chips & 1/2 (7oz) the can of sweetened condensed milk.
    Microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds. Stir. If not completely smooth microwave again for additional 15 seconds & stir til smooth.
    Mixture will be thick like fudge.
  3. Spread into baking sheet that was set aside at beginning. Use hands or spatula (or whatever you want to use) to smooth it out. (It’s not sticky so will spread easy.)
  4. In other medium microwave safe bowl (or the same one used for PB Chips just make sure to wash and dry before) combine chocolate chips & the remaining half can of the condensed sweetened milk (7oz).
  5. Spread on top of Peanut Butter mix carefully.
  6. Let stand at room temperature 15-20 minutes (it doesnt need to be to hot or to cold or it will not roll easy)
    Starting at the long side, roll up carefully , tightly, making sure to leave the tin foil behind.
    Wrap in plastic wrap & chill for 2 hours before cutting.
  7. Store in air tight container for up to 30 weeks

Hope anyone who tries enjoys! Will update with photl later

1 Like

Thank You!

I don’t know what the recipe is, but I love when my mom makes peppermint bark.

ORIGINAL NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

Substitute Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels with Dark Chocolate Morsels https://www.verybestbaking.com/products/11071/tollhouse/nestle-toll-house-dark-chocolate-morsels

1 Like

Is this your refrigerator?

“Funny paper rolls” you are cooling! :joy:

As I have a fancy phantasy I stop here writing more…

1 Like

Uploading… For Christmas breakfast we have pancakes or French toast mounded high with berries jams yogurt And ice cream drizzled on top with maple syrup.
Yumm

Here is my favorite-minus the nuts.
Old Fashioned Divinity Candy
Prep Time
5 mins
Cook Time
15 mins
Total Time
20 mins

This Old Fashioned Divinity Candy Recipe is a wonderful, Southern confection that is perfect for adding to a plate of goodies to share with loved ones during the holidays!

Course: Dessert
Cuisine: American, Southern
Servings: 40 pieces
Calories: 31 kcal
Author: House of Nash Eats
Ingredients
2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites, at room temperature
1 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat and set aside.
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, water, corn syrup and salt and cook, stirring occasionally, just until the mixture starts to boil. Then clip a candy thermometer to the side of the pan and continue to cook without stirring until the temperature reaches 260 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes.
While the sugar mixture is cooking, beat the egg whites on high speed using an electric mixer or stand mixer until stiff peaks form.
Once the sugar mixture reaches 260 degrees, remove from heat and very slowly pour it in a thin, steady stream, over the egg whites while mixing on high speed. It should take about 2 minutes to pour the hot liquid over the egg whites, so go slow and don’t rush this step.
Continue to beat on high speed for another 5-8 minutes until the candy loses some of its glossiness and starts to hold its shape. You can stop mixing and test a small amount of candy by dropping a small spoonful of it onto the parchment paper to see if it holds its shape in a nice mound with nice swirls on top or if it melts down into a puddle. Continue to beat a minute or two longer if the divinity doesn’t hold its shape yet, test again, then mix in the chopped pecans and vanilla when the candy stays in a mound instead of melting into itself.
Using two spoons sprayed lightly with cooking spray, drop tablespoon size scoops of divinity onto the prepared baking sheet, using one spoon to scrape the hot candy off the other spoon. You will want to work quickly while the candy is still hot.
Let the candy set, then store for up to 5 days in an airtight container.
Recipe Notes
From everything I have seen, divinity can be finicky about setting up on humid days. I haven’t experienced this firsthand, but thought I would give you a heads up that you might not want to try this recipe for the first time on a rainy day.

1 Like

We make this every year.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll

Ingredients
For the cake
3-4 tablespoons powdered sugar
3/4 cup 115g all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs room temperature
1 cup 225g granulated sugar
2/3 cup 175g canned pumpkin
For the filling
1 package 8oz/227g cream cheese, softened
1 cup 125g powdered sugar
6 tablespoons 84g butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
More powdered sugar for garnish if desired

Instructions
For cake: Preheat oven to 375° F. Grease a 13x18-inch half sheet pan; line with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper. Sprinkle a thin, cotton kitchen towel with the 3-4 tablespoons of powdered sugar.
Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt in small bowl. Beat eggs and sugar in larger mixer bowl until thick and pale yellow in color. Beat in pumpkin. Stir in flour mixture. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top of cake springs back when touched. Immediately loosen and turn cake onto prepared towel. Carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake and towel together, starting with narrow end. Cool on wire rack.

For filling: Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla in small mixer bowl until smooth. Carefully unroll cake; remove towel. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake. Reroll cake. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate at least one hour. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.

My all time favorite dish to make is Cherry Dump Cake, the name sounds autrocious but it’s really yummy

Ingredients
1 box yellow cake mix
2 21 oz cans cherry pie filling
1 tsp almond extract divided use
1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick) melted
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
Juice from canned pineapples

Instructions
Preheat oven to 350f degrees.
Spray a 9 x13 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Stir 1/2 tsp almond extract into each can of pie filling and stir.
Pour both cans of cherry pie filling into prepared baking dish.
Spread the pineapples on top of the cherries.
Sprinkle yellow cake mix evenly over pineapple and cherry pie filling.
Add the pineapple juice to the melted butter and slowly pour it all over the top of the cake mix.
Do your best to drizzle it all over. It won’t cover all the cake mix.
Bake for about 50-60 minutes (until topping is golden brown)

Simple recepie, but i make it every year.
1c peanut butter
1c sugar
1 egg
Mix thoroughly in a large bowl
Place golf ball size portions on a baking sheet, flatten and score with fork.
Bake at 350 for approx 13 min.

The Best Cherry Pie Recipe - Tart Cherries

FIRST, MAKE YOUR PIE CRUST:

Crust Ingredients

• 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons sugar
• 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled
• 8 tablespoons Earth Balance, or comparable vegetable shortening, chilled
• 8 tablespoons ice water

Crust Instructions

1. Mix the flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor. Cut butter into smaller pieces and add to food processor. Pulse a few times. Cut Earth Balance into smaller pieces and add to food processor. Pulse a few more times, until butter and Earth Balance are the size of peas or smaller. Dump into a bowl. (Note: You can do all this with a pastry blender instead if you don’t have a food processor.)

2. Sprinkle 3-4 tablespoons of ice water over the dough mixture at a time, mixing and pressing with a sturdy rubber spatula until the dough comes together. Divide into two and wrap each half in plastic wrap. (I usually dump the semi-formed dough onto plastic, wrap it up, then knead it with my hands a bit until it forms a ball, then flatten it somewhat into a disk.) Refrigerate until ready to use.

NEXT, MAKE AND ASSEMBLE THE PIE:

Filling Ingredients

• 3 cans tart cherries in water (I buy Oregon Fruit Products)
• 4 tablespoons cornstarch
• 1 1/4 cups sugar
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• scant 1/4 teaspoon almond extract

Filling and Pie Instructions

1. Make the pie filling by mixing the 3 cans of cherries plus the juice from 1 1/2 cans with sugar, cornstarch, salt, and almond extract in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat for about 10 minutes, stirring regularly, or until the liquid is thick and bubbly (partially jelled). Set aside to cool.

2. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees fahrenheit. Cover a cookie sheet with foil and place on a lower rack (to catch any potential drips).

3. Sprinkle the counter with flour and roll out the bottom pie crust. Arrange in pie pan.

4. Roll out the top crust. Use a sharp knife to cut the top crust into strips for a lattice crust or use a cookie cutter to make other designs in it. Either drape your top crust over the pie or weave your traditional lattice crust.

5. Trim the edges of the top and bottom crust to 1/2 - 1 inch beyond the pie pan and then fold under. Either press around the perimeter with the tines of a fork or crimp it with your fingers.

6. If desired (and I always do), brush the crust with a beaten egg white (or cream) and sprinkle sugar on top.

7. Bake for 20 minutes at 425 degrees F then lower the oven temperature to 375 F and add a pie crust shield (or a foil tent with the center cut out) to protect the outer edges of the crust. Bake for another 30-40 minutes, until the crust looks nicely browned and the juices bubble up thickly.

8. Remove from the oven and let cool for 3 hours or so before eating. This is the hard part but it really helps to have the filling gel properly. Plus it looks and smells so nice sitting on the table!

9. Eat and enjoy… This cherry pie is delicious with whipped cream or blue bell homemade vanilla ice cream.

2 Likes

We were looking for a new Christmas Day evening dessert, happened upon this and after a dry-run this weekend, can definitely recommend! UK recipe - not sure on availability for anyone outside of UK.

400g brownies, cut into 2.5cm squares placed at the bottom of a large bowl
50ml (or more!) Coffee liqueur - Tia Maria I used - poured over brownies and leave to soak for a while.
500G fresh custard and melt in 100g dark chocolate. Leave to cool.

Gig bag of Maltesers - crushed

500 Double Cream, 100ml cream liqueur (Baileys type) and a little icing sugar, whip until soft peaks.

Pour 3/4 of Maltesers over brownies and pour custard on top.

When ready to serve, spoon baileys cream on top, cover with rest of Maltesers.

serves a good 8 people, maybe even 10 if you’re still full after your lunch!!