The Community Christmas Countdown | Delicious Christmas Recipes

My whipped-cream pie is spectacularly unhealthy. But oh myyyy…

all recipes look delicious! :heart_eyes: Good luck guys! :four_leaf_clover:

Pumpkin Pie :fork_and_knife:

I live in Chicago, and going to the Christkindlmarket downtown has become a tradition. They serve a warm spiced red wine, or Glühwein, that my mother also knows how to make. It’s refreshingly good, especially on a cold winter day.

There’s recipes all over the internet in case you’re interested in making a batch yourself!

My personal everyday pancake recipe with a holiday twist:

1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon (I put more than this - this is just a starting point)
2 tsp nutmeg (I put more than this - this is just a starting point)

Put 1 tbsp of olive oil in pan and heat on medium high. Pour several 2-3 inch circles of batter into pan. Cook until bubbles appear on the top and pop. Then flip, cook another 30s-1min and serve.

Also, with a little food coloring and some creativity, you can make them into festive shapes and colors!

Cheesy Broccoli Soup

Tastes like it has been simmering all day!

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons flour
2 1/2 cups milk

3/4 pound Velveeta, cut up
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed, drained
1/8 teaspoon pepper
Directions
Melt butter in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion; cook and stir 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add flour; cook 1 minute or until bubbly, stirring constantly.
Stir in milk. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 1 minute.
Add remaining ingredients. Cook until Velveeta is melted and soup is heated through, stirring occasionally.

1 Like

Well I made these brownies yesterday and must say there was no complaints :yum:

Sweet potato pie that my boyfriends mother makes it’s so good. Then I always have to have my grandmas chocolate crinkle cookies :hugs::hugs: so yummy!!!

My favorite Christmas recipe is one passed down from my grandmother. It’s a cookie recipe that makes so many cookies and fun to shape in different ways. It tastes kind of like vanilla shortbread and great to dunk in coffee!

I tried this recipe I found online a few weeks ago.
½ c. unsalted butter, room temperature
1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg
½ tsp. almond extract, opt.
½ tsp. orange extract, opt.
1 pkg. white cake mix
½ c. sprinkles, divided
½ c. powdered sugar

In a bowl, cream together butter and cream cheese. Add the egg, almond extract and orange extract
and mix until combined. Add the white cake mix and mix until combined.
Stir in ¼ cup of sprinkles. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate
for at least one hour or up to 24 hours. The longer the dough chills,
the less sticky it will be.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place powdered sugar in one bowl and the remaining
¼ cup of sprinkles in another bowl. Using a 1-inch cookie scoop, scoop
out dough and roll into a ball. Sprinkle with a few extra sprinkles and
roll in powdered sugar, completely covering the dough ball. Place on a greased cookie sheet. Repeat. Bake for 10 minutes.

It tasted alright but my first batch something went horribly wrong which I’m not sure why they tasted so bland the first time lol. A little too sugary the second time.

2 Likes

It’s all about the Christmas Crack:

INGREDIENTS
28 to 35 saltine crackers (about one sleeve, enough to line your tray)
1 cup (220 g) packed dark brown sugar
1 cup (225 g or 2 sticks) unsalted butter
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups (10 to 12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate

1 Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a 10x15-inch jelly roll pan with nonstick aluminum foil (preferred) or regular heavy duty foil, making sure that the foil completely covers the bottom and sides of the pan. If using regular foil, spray lightly with baking spray. Line the saltine crackers in a single layer on the bottom.

2 Make the caramel sauce: Place the brown sugar, butter and salt in a medium sized saucepan. Cook on medium heat, stirring frequently, until the butter melts. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 to 5 minutes, just until the mixture comes to a boil and starts to darken. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.

3 Pour the hot brown sugar mixture over the saltine crackers. Spread to evenly coat the crackers.

4 Move the pan to the oven and bake for 5 minutes. The caramel will be hot and bubbly.

5 Melt the chocolate: Place the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl. Cook it in the microwave in 30-second intervals at full power, stirring between each cook time, until the chocolate has melted.

6 Pour the chocolate over the baked crackers: Once the crackers are done baking, remove from oven and allow to cool for 1 minute, until the caramel is no longer bubbling. Then pour the melted chocolate over the crackers. Use a spatula to spread the chocolate evenly over the top.

7 Cool the crackers overnight: Let the crackers cool to room temperature then move to the refrigerator and cool over night.

8 “Crack” the crackers: The crackers will form a single sheet once cool. Remove from pan and gently peel the foil away, being careful not to tear the foil. (If any bits of foil tear and get stuck in the caramel, break those bits away and discard.) Cut the candy into snack-sized pieces using a chefs knife (you can use your hands, too, but I find it easier with a knife).

Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for about a week.

2 Likes

That is my quasi recipe!!! hehehe!
Are you of German origin?
Bratwurst is also fine.
BUT don’t forget a good beer! :yum:

(And pssst : no ketchup, mustard is fine or you my try horseradish
ready prepared with cream and spices (Mostly here in Germany it comes from Franken (northern Bavaria) )

Funny, we are swapping recipes like old housewifes! :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not technically a holiday recipe, but it’s become one among my family and friends because I make a few big batches and gift them to everyone who has a dog. :dog2::poodle: Adapted from The Midnight Baker

Two Ingredient Dog Biscuits

PREP TIME: 20 mins

COOK TIME: 25 mins

TOTAL TIME: 45 mins

INGREDIENTS
2 jars (4 oz each) pureed meat or vegetable baby food
2 cups flour (enough to make a dough, will vary based on how wet your baby food is)

INSTRUCTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a large bowl, mix the ingredients to form a dough.
  4. On a lightly floured surface, roll out to ¼-inch thick and cut into desired shapes.
  5. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Turn off the oven and let the biscuits sit in there on the tray until oven is completely cool (this dehydrates the biscuits)

YIELD: Makes varying amounts according to size cut. Approximately 15 biscuits with a “medium” dog biscuit cookie cutter (maybe 3-4-inches long)

Notes:

1. As there are no preservatives in these, they are only good for about 2-3 weeks. Freeze any biscuits that you don’t think you will use up in that time frame. They thaw out very quickly so are easy to grab when you need more.

2. When I make these for gifting, I typically use oat flour because I’ve never heard anyone say their dog can’t tolerate oats. I usually just make my own by throwing Old Fashioned Rolled Oats (not the Quick) into a blender. You could also do this in a food processor if you want a more finely milled flour. Or you can buy oat flour in most supermarkets these days too.

3. I usually use two different types of baby food, like a meat and a fruit or a meat and a vegetable or sweet potato.

4. If you are making these to give to your own dog and therefore don’t care about cutting out pretty shapes (which, let’s face it, are for people to ooh and aah over and don’t matter at all to your dog!) roll out the dough and then use a rolling pizza cutter to cut a grid through the entire batch. Really speeds things up because you won’t be re-rolling any trimmings from around a fancy cookie cutter.

1 Like

Congratulations @downwithvivid. Enjoy your goodies :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you using such “moulds”?

It would have to be my mum’s christmas pudding although I’ve yet to find out the secret recipe.

I’ll be honest. I wasn’t aware there was a community forum here before, so go easy on me! I have, however, been using Anker products for years, starting with my Astro E3 charger which has been in use for over 5 years and still holds a vital position in my charging needs. I’ve also grown my stable to include Soundcore speakers, Roav bluetooth, and Zolo headsets.

Several years ago, I borrowed Ellie Krieger’s recipie for Crab Salad Stuff Wontons from the Food Network. It became a pretty good hit for my friends and family, and is now the most often requested thing for me to bring to holiday get togethers.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/crab-salad-in-crisp-wonton-cups-recipe-2012982 I tend to make without the mangos, as they are not popular in my family, but you are certainly able to customize to fit your family! We also often will just make the salad and use Scoops corn chips instead of the wontons, although I like the wontons best.

1 Like

2 cans yams
1/4 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup coffee liqueur
bag of mini marshmallows
9" x 13" baking dish
layer half of the yams, butter, sugar and coffee liqueur, then layer the 2nd half of each
top with the mini marshmallows
cover the baking dish with foil, cook for 30-40min at 350F
remove foil and cook additional 10-15min until marshmallows are golden/brown

1 Like

our Favorite family christmas recipe is almond roca!

Almond Roca

1/2 cups chopped toasted almonds, divided
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter
4 bars milk chocolate (such as Hershey’s)
INSTRUCTIONS
Butter a 7x11-inch pan (or 9x12 for slightly thinner roca). Sprinkle 1 cup of toasted almonds on bottom of the pan.
In a heavy saucepan at medium-high heat melt butter and add brown sugar. Stir until gently boiling. Reduce heat to medium or medium-low and boil 12 minutes exactly, stirring constantly. Edited to add I make mine without a candy thermometer with success, but since some readers have noted having trouble with this recipe- you might wish to stick an instant read thermometer in there just to make sure it’s about the right temperature. Pull it off the heat when it has reached the hard-crack stage (300 degrees F)- or when the mixture starts to separate (the oil starts to separate from the sugar). If it gets higher than 320, it will not remain solid.

Remove the mixture from heat, give it a good stir to mix up that butter and sugar one more time, and immediately pour the hot mixture into the pan over the almonds. (see *Recipe Notes below) Place the chocolate bars on top. Let them sit a minute or so until melted, then spread chocolate around carefully. Sprinkle with the remaining toasted almonds, and gently press them into the chocolate.

Cool completely, and then break apart into chunks with a sharp knife. Store in a covered container.

1 Like