The Community Christmas Countdown | Decoration Contest

It wasn’t planned that way but it worked out in the end. The log cabin was mine😎

2 Likes

Pretzels! Here in Bavaria we have " Brezen".
Those Germans from the northern part say “Brezel”.

But for you folks over the pond you may use “pretzels”.
Whenever one of you will show up here in Munich:

Thats it, you might try!

1 Like

I visited Germany once and remember the pretzels and MANY types of mustard to go with them! They were delicious!

1 Like

Weißwurst & süßer Senf und Weißbier!
That would be a breakfast! even at Christmas!

1 Like

My favorite decoration, our christmas tree :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yummy, thanks for the idea. I’m gonna tell my wife and see if we can get something together this weekend. Would be cool to see my son, wife and myself competing to make the best

2 Likes

You would need another, stronger scale! :joy:

We get all of our candy/gram crackers/pretzels from rite aid and the dollar store.

1 Like

Thanks to travel plans next week and in January, we didn’t put up the tree this year. However, a few years ago we found these things at a Christmas store. They’re actually designed as a 3-tiered display, but Dad figured that we could separate them and just attach a chain to each individual segment. Each display can hold 11 ornaments, and now there are 5 all around the house. These are official White House ornaments that we’ve collected through the years.

And congrats on winning the last contest, @RuhRoh!

1 Like

Congrats @RuhRoh :clap:t2:

Can’t believe my turkey sandwich didn’t win :scream:

1 Like

Thanks! I think it was randomly chosen from everyone who posted a recipe in the time period, rather than a culinary achievement on my part. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Merry Christmas!

We can’t all win every time Anker runs a contest and I’m sorry you take it personally and feel the need to make a dig at every person besides yourself who wins. I debated responding to you all day, and I probably shouldn’t. But it bothered me, as you intended . As I’ve seen you do this repeatedly to others, I ultimately decided to respond.

I wish you peace, happiness, and that you’ll get a break from the difficulties that make you lash out. I don’t believe you have any personal animosity towards anyone here. I think you’re in pain. I think depression is harder to manage than anyone who hasn’t been through it can possibly appreciate. I think it’s much harder to get treatment than anyone realizes. I think there’s a stigma to it that is completely irrational and extremely hurtful. I think it’s a struggle every day to know that in some ways, you’re your own worst enemy and be unable to change that pattern. Depression sucks, all the way around, even when you are doing everything you can to treat or manage it. The holidays can make it peak or even uncover it in those who were high-functioning. So I wish you peace, happiness, the love and constancy of your fiance, the ability to give yourself a break (this is the hardest one for so many, eh?) and a Happy New Year.

4 Likes

Decorated a Holiday Tree at my local Mall!

2 Likes

Who gets the bear? Inquiring minds need to know. :grin:

Aw, community service needs the upvotes.

1 Like

Props for the real tree. Rarer and rarer these days.

1 Like

We live in a palace, The New York Palace to be exact :innocent:

4 Likes

Every year my family decorates the inside of the house and my favorite decoration is the ice skating rink. As a little kid, I enjoyed moving the figures to different magnets and watching the people skate around the rink to cheerful music. It’s been in my family for a very long time and is very special to me.

1 Like

We are luck to live somewhere where it is easy to get to a rural area.

^
My dog and husband

1 Like

last night i helped my neighbor with this project

3 Likes