The Community Christmas Countdown | 2 Giveaway Events Per Week!

Same to you and yours :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get me wrong, it’s fun here, and the off topics (not Anker related) is fun and interesting.

As for a mystery box I don’t expect, but I’d be lying if I said I don’t want one. However, it’s not the be all, I was just trying to say that “likes” isn’t the best marker for who has been thre most productive.

At the end of the day, I have a lot more important things to worry about, like the next bill and how it’s gonna get paid.

2 Likes

Depends how they are sorting the lists, whether it will be on likes received, likes given, replies, topics, read time etc…as @nigelhealy has said whichever column you sort it by you roughly get a similar top 5 members for Dec 17 to Dec 18 period…if they are even going to go off of those stats (and not additional data in the background)…

1 Like

Or how the car is gonna get fixed, in my case.

I think you are in for a good shout for one this year and il be happy to see you get one :crossed_fingers:t2:

EDIT: if there is one

2 Likes

OK so there is 3 separate points here, helpfulness, need and community.

A job is how you get something in return for giving because that was agreed at the outset as the terms.

Otherwise do not expect anything in return. If you get anything, it is a bonus.

There are plenty of jobs which you can do with disabilities, either born with or accrued through life. Clearly you can operate a computer so why don’t you learn to program (Python is hot right now) and become a contractor programmer, there are sites you agree to write some code for money and you work from home if you have mobility issues. They test your code and if it works you get paid. Then with that money you can buy whatever you want within your budget.

https://www.payscale.com/research/US/Job=Software_Engineer_Contractor/Salary

In an online vendor community it is a bit of fun, you help and are helped and anything you get in return is not expected but appreciated. In the case of Anker they have been very generous with competitions over the years. In my case if I need something I buy it from money I got from working, if I win something if I can usefully use it then its mine but more commonly it becomes a gift to someone more needy than me, because I accept we’re all in uniquely different personal situations.

As to defining helping.

In the 16th 17th centuries a women was helped to get the demon out of her by being dunked and then if floated they were burned, to help them get to heaven where god would do the rest. The people doing the act of “giving their time” when they defined themselves as helpful you can see how that would have been better defined by the women at the receiving end. The community equivalent of that women not liking being dunked it is lack of likes for the person doing the dunking.

5 Likes

@nigelhealy Great explanation… Just because anker sent the gifts last year does not mean they are bound to do it this year. We have to understand that no company can survive by just giving out free stuff. This year anker has given out so many free things through giveaways. I think we all should just appreciate what we have won and be happy about it. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Oh bless you in your ignorance. There are several types of disabilities, and these affect each person individually.

For me, the pain is so great, I’m in the same meds as someone with cancer (actually stronger than a friend who is stage 4).

To clump everyone together is the sort of rubbish being spouted by the conservatives, just cos ya got a wonky leg don’t mean ya can’t work! If only that’s all I had, it others have.

Believe me, I’d love to be fit enough, both physically n mentally, to work again, but for me, that’s not possible.

As for programming… If it were that easy, I’d have done it back in 1992, when I did my first computer exam (distinction). However, despite having a clever mind (well back before 20 plus years of very strong painkillers, steroids, PTSD and other mental issues) I never got on with coding (plus, back then it was BBC and spectrums or vdu with twin FLOPPY disc (one to save and one with the program on)). I’m not a thinker n theorist, I’m a practical person (which is how I damaged my spine in the first placr, back in 1989, but that’s another story).

My situation and how I’m affected, is not a “one plaster for all” kind of fix. I dearly wished it was a simple “click it n fix it” and the. I return to work, and earn some decent money as I used to. I chucked myself at all sorts… Any job was a good job… Construction, demolition, film work (editing, filming, tech support), managing the community page and doing the Teletext service for a TV company, a relief supervisor for a homeless shelter, security for gigs, sound technician for a couple groups and a couple gigs for 2k gig goers, call center operator for the UK passport office… I’ve done shit loads of different jobs, just so I can keep working… So a working attitude is not a problem, and neither is a desire to work.

You got to get out of your head, you can just treat everyone the same. It’s taken ages.to write this, cos I have arthritic hands. While i may do a small bit of typing like this, to do it all day is not possible.

Just as not all powerbanks are the same and can be swapped around for any purpose, neither can you just say… Oh he types he can do programming n coding.

I don’t know what your proper job is, but I suspect you have to have certain qualifications to do it, and a certain mentality also. Just because you find it easy doesn’t mean every one can.

As for the history lesson,… Cool. I didn’t know that’s where helping originated from. I like to learn something new each day, that’s why I watch countdown (UK TV quiz on spelling n maths) not only to keep me on my toes, but also “dents corner” (a person gives the original meanings of phrases n words, and where they came from)… I seem to be better at the 05:50 showing than the afternoon showing… Strange as I feel so sleepy at that time, having g only gotten 1 hours good sleep, and several 20 to 30 mins mini sleeps with pain n wakefulness in between.

Now have a great Christmas, and be thankful not.only for what you unwrap, but for your family (mine abandoned me at 6 months old), your’s n your family’s health n mental well being.

2 Likes

Thank you for everyone’s suggestions!
We will consider all the various factors to pick up the top 10 active users.
However, no matter how we choose, there will always be other active users who will not be selected this time. That’s why we always run different campaigns constantly, we want to ensure that every active user has at least one chance to win in the community.:innocent:

10 Likes

#Mystery boxes confirmed#:thinking::yum:

The forum has come on a lot in the past year and has gone through some changes along the way to improve our experience. Let’s hope that continues and we grow stronger.

Thanks to you and all your team for the help and assistance throughout the past year. :clap:t2:

4 Likes

And we appreciate all that you guys have done for us this year, from giveaways, to awesome new products and your constant AMAZING customer support! Keep it up! I have no doubt you will! I’m excited to see what’s coming next year!

1 Like

This is what I’ve always wanted… That EVERYONE stood a chance, regardless of how popular they are.

That’s why when it’s been a “most likes wins” comps, I winge. See these people judge me as selfish, but I think it’s their own guilt! All I’m trying to do, is make it fair, but giving the same handful, the prizes all the time, isn’t fair.

Rarely I complain, that it’s just me who missed out… I’ve never said I was perfect, but I’m not a hypocrite either! Ouch :face_with_head_bandage:

I know some would happily see me gone or removed … Yeah I know who you are! Hahahaha but I don’t care :wink:

I’d be lying if I said I only joined for the banter, as it was said in the invitation that there’s be free stuff, and.in my financial situation… That’s a great price!

Any way, not to wind.up that group any longer…

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

1 Like

I haven’t mentally tracked every winner but for example you won here

etc etc

It strikes me that we all had a fair chance, Anker has had a diverse set of competitions, some based on skill, some on luck and we all have had ample chance to win and regular members have won most often. I would say Anker has been very fair and generous. A mix of competitions open to many of which regular members have a tiny chance and ones which require some effort.

I like that there are competitions for specific prizes where if I don’t want it, I can not participate to increase the chance of others who do need it more. It is the lucky dips which are less fair but I also have Powerdraw where I can wait til something I need and bid. So a huge diversity of options and via that diversity eventually comes fairness.

5 Likes

This topic is no longer a banner. It will no longer appear at the top of every page.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

@AnkerOfficial
So I have anything in the post?

I ask, not out of freed but interest. I had a card from the mailman saying g I had a package too big for my letterbox. I have set up collection from a local post office on Thursday, so I’m free to cellect when convenient.

As I’m not expecting anything, I just wondered ‽

Mac, big box, this sounds great.
Big box!!! to big for the letter box, seems not to be bills. :joy:
Or may be they send you a pile of bills they collected all over the years. :grin:

Yes probably the electricity bill for whole last year! :zap::zap::zap::zap: shocking‽

So they must have created a list every watt you consumed on a single page.

BUT administrations all over the world are able to do that! :grin:

Think they sent everyone a private message here to confirm addresses - but not 100% sure on that.

:crossed_fingers:t2:Fingers crossed for you bud - if it is though let us all see what goodies are inside :eyes: