The Charging Time Challenge | WIN PowerCore II

No need to ban…he’s just upset. He just sticking up for what he believes in. Everyone deserves an opinion. We learn and move on…still at the end of the day…

4 Likes

Agreed.

Due to my mental state,. Can fly off the handle when upset. It’s never meant, but I can be quite vicious verbally.

Once I’ve done/said that, I feel better. If challenged tho, I will keep going, I do t care how deep that hole keeps getting when I’m on one! lol

2 Likes

Disagree on this @elmo41683 , agree with @namroc22

This is a community we have to be able to disagree and by doing so learn from each other. Just because I disagree doesn’t make me right, and it’s by other’s I find I’m wrong so I hate censure.

There has been no personally offensive behavior just expressing point of view which has some merit.

6 Likes

@namroc22 @nigelhealy you guys are right, sorry for quick temperament in suggesting that. Yes we are all entitled to our thoughts and opinions.

4 Likes

Personally, I think if Anker were a shady company, they could have easily picked less than 150 winners or none at all. No one would ever know.

They could have easily created a number of fake accounts to publicly announce they won and life would just go on.

But they didn’t. I hope. If those of you complaining are all fake bot accounts, the level of complexity involved in figuring out the marketing effectiveness of reverse psychology on customer forums is far beyond what I care to try to understand.

Also, I should note that English generally isn’t their strong point. While my most of my Anker products have been great, ALL of their manuals have been a pain to understand. While I do not know what exactly happened with their 20k power banks that they couldn’t honor 150 units, I wouldn’t blame them if they decided it was not worth their time to translate a full explanation of private company issues when they are already giving away free items and eating shipping costs. As mentioned, it may have been a “wise” solution to communicate with the winners and offer them choices but I don’t think it is absolutely necessary as no money is being exchanged. Like I said earlier, they could have just as easily chosen to have no winners at all.

That said, I am not looking to argue with anyone here. Just an opinion of someone who didn’t win.

3 Likes

No. He’s saying that a company reserves the right to change something within a contest. I fully believe Anker intended to give the winners the 20000 battery, but due to an unforeseen stock error, they were unable too. It’s not their fault. These things happen. :slight_smile: It’s not them being shady or anything. They just had to substitute a different prize due to the error. They’re a good company. Don’t let this get you down.

I want one… T-T That looked so cool when I heard you guys all got one! :slight_smile: I may have been sliiiggghhhtttlllyy jealous! :laughing:

Not looking to rehash everything, but perhaps your opinion and support of Anker MAY be influenced by the gifts you have been provided. I know the politicians in Washington say gifts from Lobbyist and supporters never influence their opinions, but I don’t believe them.:kissing_heart: I wonder how many others points of views may be influenced by gifts they have recieved from Anker. :scream:
:grin:

Enough already this is silly, but it’s been fun and educational to see the way some people react when presented with facts. Some consider them and some will ignore them and be faithful and blind. Just like American politics ! Let’s all just get along and “Make American Great again” :confused:

You assume we are all American…? :maple_leaf: :wink:

4 Likes

Very valid points. Yes those who have been here longer have benefitted many times so it does tend to make us forgive the odd error and see it in a bigger context which is good. I can see where you’re coming from but I think just be a good community member and patient.

As for MAGA, there is a lot which can be learned from Anker a Chinese company. To make reliable low cost products is not easy. Their English is a lot better than my Chinese so again a lot of high regard for honest hard work.

I wish you good luck in future competitions!

2 Likes

Your responses are so level headed, why aren’t you a mod yet? @AnkerOfficial You might wanna get on this! :wink: hahahaha!

2 Likes

Wow, that was an entertaining 30+ posts to read through.

Hopefully @AnkerOfficial can give some input on Monday morning so the forum can get back to being a harmonious place again :smile:

Kudos to @nigelhealy @namroc22 @elmo41683 @IRNinjaz1 for their helpful input to try defuse (and everyone else in the mix)

10 Likes

There’s only one solution to this situation - everyone head to the pub and have a pint :beer:

(I think I saw someone on here had a family member who owned a brewery - we could get a discount ! I would say a free pint but “free gifts” are the root of the situation so maybe not a good idea lol) :yum:

3 Likes

Yes, then we received some customers complaints, so we are cautions about customers information now.

6 Likes

I mean it is always good to have different points of view and we will see what will happen the next time.

1 Like

:beers::wink:…if you ever make it my way buddy

2 Likes

Have one for me! It’s too early in the morning for a pint here. :joy: (or is it…?)

2 Likes

@k_pug2003 @IRNinjaz1 @namroc22 all y’all have a drink for me too since I haven’t had a drink in over a year. I say let’s all just get along and party :tada:

2 Likes

I’m down for that! And good on you! Keep up the good work!

I feel yea, I quit cigarettes 11 years ago…cold turkey worse 2 weeks of my life, but in the end it made me head strong.

1 Like