The Best of 2018 | You Decide!

Totally missed this drama…which may be a good thing. :smirk:

2 Likes

Powerdraw gets my thumbs up

1 Like

Yes! This has also been a great competition!

1 Like

I love these competitions.

2 Likes

These competitions are the best. Guuud luck everyone!

3 Likes

I really like the forum competitions where you have to hit a certain number/numbers. I know many of my friends here don’t like them, and some practice … less ingenuous tactics to win them, but I always have a blast participating in them. I never check the community more often than I do while a post-number competition is going on. I do like the 3-post-in-a-row rule as well as the “no alt accounts” rule.

I also like competitions where the content of the post is used to judge who wins. Shares and likes can be manipulated, but if Anker is just saying “We’re going to pick the best post” that gets me way more involved in making the original post high-quality, knowing that someone somewhere will read and judge what I’ve done. I do put a lot of myself into the community here, and it’s nice to feel like that’s recognized, even if I didn’t win the competition. For that reason I would suggest “honorable mentions” or replies from @ankerofficial noting which posts were in consideration for winning even if they didn’t win.

Along those lines, can @ankerofficial or the moderators @technicallywell and @ndalby get some kind of badge they could award for good posts that live up to the community standards? A lot of us post things that matter to us and that we think will help the community. It would be nice if there was a little extra boost in points (5 points maybe?) if you got a badge awarded by a moderator. Just something that says that someone saw your post and thought it was a good example of how to participate in the community. Then, when newcomers are wondering what’s expected here, they could review this list of “good” posts to see positive examples for how to participate here.

7 Likes

The less of the numbers contests the better. They just turn into nothing but chaos, confusion and members using some questionable tactics to gain the upper hand.

6 Likes

but…but…they’re SO FUN!!! Maybe I just love the chaos :imp:

4 Likes

you won something recently, I’m not complaining it was through thought and skill.

I not won something recently. I’m not complaining as I know there’s many more wanting than gifts plus I didn’t try too win that hard.

5 Likes

Totally agree

2 Likes

Indeed.
I got a notification : You won!
Where and what and why?

Now I know I really “moved up” into the “hall of fame”

(Walhalla :joy:).

Better would be really less competitions.

3 Likes

@fhassm congrats on winning a prize pack my friend!

3 Likes

Maybe when new members win something and see a lot of higher-level people complaining about it, they decline to stick around and feel unwelcome. :slight_frown:

2 Likes

I really enjoy the forums, I like the games people play in forums like the auction as well as hearing peoples favorite movies I really enjoyed guessing band names with emoji’s, I didn’t expect so much participation and glad people did. There were some very creative ones out there.

I do like the idea of contests or power draws for people over a certain level. I think it would also encourage others to contribute more in order to level up.

Thanks for everything you do Anker! Happy New Year.

5 Likes

Very good idea @ryandhazen , perhaps @AnkerOfficial can make it happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hope this will not lead to likes and dislikes!

2 Likes

Just what I was thinking… Or in other words… FAVOURITEisms

Plus, very subjective, as to what/who gets a badge… Then if you have ??? Badges do you then get a pick of a prize? Hhhmmm‽

The idea is good, it’s how that’s the problem… Possibly?

3 Likes

Jurgen Klopp?

3 Likes

@Muhammad_02 Ahhh yes the current Liverpool manager! I’ve not really seen much from his playing days but I do like him and his passion for the game in the Premier League even if his team just thrashed my team last week… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

@Macgyver15 indeed A great match but klopp needs to win something to be considered as great. Like the premier league.

3 Likes