The Best of 2018 | You Decide!

you won something recently, I’m not complaining it was through thought and skill.

I not won something recently. I’m not complaining as I know there’s many more wanting than gifts plus I didn’t try too win that hard.

5 Likes

Totally agree

2 Likes

Indeed.
I got a notification : You won!
Where and what and why?

Now I know I really “moved up” into the “hall of fame”

(Walhalla :joy:).

Better would be really less competitions.

3 Likes

@fhassm congrats on winning a prize pack my friend!

3 Likes

Maybe when new members win something and see a lot of higher-level people complaining about it, they decline to stick around and feel unwelcome. :slight_frown:

2 Likes

I really enjoy the forums, I like the games people play in forums like the auction as well as hearing peoples favorite movies I really enjoyed guessing band names with emoji’s, I didn’t expect so much participation and glad people did. There were some very creative ones out there.

I do like the idea of contests or power draws for people over a certain level. I think it would also encourage others to contribute more in order to level up.

Thanks for everything you do Anker! Happy New Year.

5 Likes

Very good idea @ryandhazen , perhaps @AnkerOfficial can make it happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hope this will not lead to likes and dislikes!

2 Likes

Just what I was thinking… Or in other words… FAVOURITEisms

Plus, very subjective, as to what/who gets a badge… Then if you have ??? Badges do you then get a pick of a prize? Hhhmmm‽

The idea is good, it’s how that’s the problem… Possibly?

3 Likes

Jurgen Klopp?

3 Likes

@Muhammad_02 Ahhh yes the current Liverpool manager! I’ve not really seen much from his playing days but I do like him and his passion for the game in the Premier League even if his team just thrashed my team last week… :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

@Macgyver15 indeed A great match but klopp needs to win something to be considered as great. Like the premier league.

3 Likes

I saw that some of his players are talking about going undefeated for an entire season. That will be a feat to do as my Arsenal team that did it in 2004 was a one of a kind team never seen again. @Muhammad_02

@Macgyver15 I don’t think Liverpool will go undefeated like arsenal did all season. I think they will stumble at one point.

3 Likes

Arsenal are a good team with emery in charge but their defence is soo weak @Muhammad_02 @Macgyver15

2 Likes

Speaking of stumbles @Muhammad_02:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

“Ja ihr alten Fußballer!!!”:joy:
Great! What a kind of enthusiasm. I like!

1 Like

@Macgyver15 Dont remind me :fearful:

3 Likes

@thetechreviewer99881 it’s real bad!! I’ll be the first to admit that. Hopefully he’ll strengthen it in the summer transfer window.

Yeah the badging would have to kind of grow as time went on. At first, at least, I think the badges could be of very low value, just extra XP instead of a prize in and of themselves. The idea would then be to look at the badged posts to see what’s good. I think @ndalby and @TechnicallyWell could work together to sketch out some parameters, maybe something like:

1. Post is a positive contribution to the community
  2. Post shows individual personality
  3. Post has original content
  4. Contributes substantially to the discussion
  5. highlights ANKER products and solutions

etc…

Of course there will be subjectivity, but that’s not always a bad thing. It’s why we need human moderators in the first place. Then, if the reward is low enough, hopefully people won’t get upset that someone else got badged when they didn’t.

2 Likes