Thanksgiving

Do you dream about Turkey and gravy?

1 Like

I like your sense of humor :smile:

1 Like

I live and breath turkey and gravy… :joy: jk but I do love me my tryptophan

2 Likes

Time with family then golfing. Super excited!

1 Like

:laughing::laughing: Good one

1 Like

Food and TECH DEALS!!!

1 Like

Easy. Offer to help make it a good experience.

Offer to bring some Anker torches in case the power goes out. Then pack a mask and a buff in case of a fire at midnight when the firecrews are at a minimum. Then pack a first aid kit to help in case your GF is injured during the panic rush. Print some multiple I.D. and put in every one of your GF’s pockets and bag just in case she is not identifiable when trampled. Pack a backback with water and food in case you are locked in to the mall if police do a lock-down. Ask if she has a will. Ask if she needs one last conversation with family (mother etc) just be sure.

Offer as many helpful and supportive advice you can imagine.

Then be disappointed with the counter idea, of which she is a genius, of just staying home and shopping online. Darn it, you were looking forward to it. :innocent:

2 Likes

:joy: I love your post, always a wise one and a joker at the same time

2 Likes

LOL damn, the savageeee

2 Likes

I think that I’m more excited about leftover sandwiches the day after :drooling_face:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_56537391e4b0879a5b0bff83/amp

4 Likes

Wife is on-call all weekend, so we will be staying home…

Tofurkey n Netflix for us… :expressionless:

2 Likes

Who? Me :laughing::laughing:

Yummy. :fork_and_knife:

Netflix and chill.

I’m planning to spend a family day

3 Likes

So if we’re going to get into family stuff…

If it is in my power to give, then I give. Currently I have a family member living in my home for total of 2 months, they lost their job and I gave for free a flight to come visit us and basically am feeding them. I am in USA and so long as they leave within 3 months that is legal. They arrived early October and leaving in December. I made them a “bedroom” via some mattresses and arranging furniture to afford some privacy. So they will be here for Thanksgiving.

When I won the $150 competition, I asked the family member what they wanted and if Anker deliver in time then they will leave with some Soundbuds Life, they own an iPad so likely improving the watching TV type experience.

For me, well it depends on the weather. I ride a bicycle a lot and so yesterday here near San Francisco it rained all day and I took the train, but the day before it was dry and I biked home racing against the impending rain and got a new personal best of 1hr 39m for the 23 miles urban route, the day before I worked from home and managed to bike up the local mountain, 2200ft ascent I did it in 41 mins (personal best 36 mins, darn that getting old). So for the Thanksgiving day off holiday and the weekend then if the weather is good I will do biking all the time, if it good weather the whole weekend then it would end up 280 miles and 27000ft (Mt Everest) of biking.

So, give, bike.

Of course, as it is dark by 5pm, when home, there will be a consumption of food. Given the biking, I can eat more than most people can.

Thinks: wonder if I could eat a whole turkey?

1 Like

Write your blood type and if you have allergies to medications. If you have no allergies write NKDA, write on a part of your body in sharpie. The arriving EMTS will be pleased and surgery will go smoother

1 Like

What about a DNR? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I had a friend who had dnr tattooed on his body, and when he was in the hospital they almost didn’t revive him when he had a near fatal reaction to the medicine gI’ve to him. Luckily a nurse was smart enough to realize that was his initials and went ahead and revived him. Aftrewards he had the tattoo changed

2 Likes

:joy: omg lol That story takes the cake!

1 Like