Test Model Zero For FREE | We Love Testing

Surely that “entry” can be deleted by an admin/moderator since it was clearly copy & pasted from another user’s entry, right?

@AnkerOfficial, could you please respond?

@ncro I’d imagine it would need to be an open account because unless Anker actually follow you on there they won’t be able to see your post/review

1 Like
  1. I would be testing PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE, PERFORMANCE! First would be overall sound performance and “Hi RES” capability, then Bluetooth range and connectivity and finally overall battery performance.
  2. For the sound performance, it will be based on scoring multiple genres from a minimum of two individuals and will rate low/midrange and high frequencies, a dynamic range audio test and distortion test will also be included if possible. Multi floor and multi room will be part of the test case for the Bluetooth range, testing for distance and how well it manages physical barriers like walls; multiple sources (devices) will be used to ensure variability in the source compared to the resulting speaker performance. Durability and water resistance would also be tested since this is flagged as IPX5 certified. Battery would be tested for max continuous play time as well as multiple play sessions without recharging to see how long battery last for both interrupted and uninterrupted/continuous playback.
  3. The review will consist of documented results with both photos and video of the evaluation and overall opinion of the product. My kids and grandkids may get involved with the music selection to help keep things interesting. Review will be posted on YouTube, Instagram and Twitter.
  4. I reside in the United States.

Wouldn’t worry…besides disqualifying themselves with a blatant copy and paste which has not been changed by the ‘member’ after being asked by @AnkerOfficial…they also seem to be based in Iraq, from their social media media feed, which I don’t recall seeing on the list…

2 Likes

I would love to do a test for this speaker. I have a Boss Color Soundlink I would do a comparison with some other speakers I have also. I do have other Anker products and I love them and would go to this brand for most things I need first. I would definitely be testing the sound quality, how hard it is to link,and how well it stays linked to your device.I would conduct this test by listening to different music for quality and using different devices to link to it. I think using different devices and different styles of music would make a review better cause not everyone uses the same device or listen to the same music. I live in the USA, Idaho

I think the Anker-fellows are “wise” enough to find testers who are fitting well and those will let us ALL take part in their experiences here at the forum. :grin:
Of course they should publish their reviews at other media as well.

I am a new Zumba instructor so I would like to use this to hopefully start a small zumba class within my workplace. Ill conduct the test by doing a class using the speaker only. It will be a sweaty fun filled time. That said I can hopefully test it’s volume and sound quality. With it’s portability I can just bring it from home and get the party started.

It would be better to publish on a public account. One of the main purposes of writing a review is helping other people make a better decision, right? :wink:

5 Likes

My tech Instagram is public and you get more likes, comments and general exposure to your posts.
It’s near impossible to achieve this with a private account. :slight_smile:

OK, hopefully I can make a new account in time.

I live in a apartment and I listen to alot of music but move around the apartment alot. This would be great and portable

to listen in living room, bedroom and while i shower.

At first, I love the tests of your products I already have some of your own brands, both eufy, soundcore and anker, I also contribute and I can not wait to discover your new nebula capsule 2.0, I reside in France, my tests and evaluations are visible on several channels (instagram, Facebook and Amazon …), your products will be very well highlighted in both photo and video on my channels.

1. I want to test: Hi-Res Audio Quality, SCANSPEAK Audio Clarity, BassUp Techbology, Waterproofing, Battery, Microphone, etc.
  2. I’ll start with unboxing, What’s in the box. Then I’ll test all its features. Compare it to Flaer speaker. I’ll take photos and and videos and post it on my instagram, facebook, twitter. I’ll offer Model Zero to my friends with Discount Code.

US

I want to test the model zeros battery life in Arizona where I live and it can get quite hot. I also want to test it’s water resistance out by my spa where I can put it next to the spa pump up the volume and see how it performs in an outdoor setting. I will also test it indoors in my house to see how it performs in my great room which is very very big most small speakers don’t perform very well and I want to see if this one gives the power boost that I need. I will try all different types of media streaming through Spotify and other music services to see how it performs. I will test it with many different types of devices including Apple devices and others that use different streaming techniques.

I’m from the United States in the state of Arizona and hope you picked me for this exciting opportunity to test one of your new products. :sunglasses:

First of all I commute by bicycle to college every week whether that’s rain or shine so I have been testing speakers for my commute which has led to all the ones to break one way or another so it has been a let down but my jvc speaker has been great but I have to have it in my bag when riding so I know a thing or two about speakers but by no means an expert, Anker has had some very successful speakers and power banks which I have yet to try so to financial reasons but I would give an honest review about the products which I have used which is something I believe in strongly so the game plan is

1. use it for commuting which can be up to an hour and a half for one way which usually means at the end I have to charge my jvc speaker which is a hassle carrying around cables.
  2. I would use it for my relaxation which is usually me listening to music through my Bluetooth headphones because they have the best quality of sound but means that my ears can hurt if I am listening to music for over an hour.
  3. even if I don’t win I hope this information has been helpful and if you made it this far I would like to shamelessly plug my Instagram: @jakeyoung74

1). I would like to test the power of this new speaker
2). I’m gonna try the speaker in different situation and places with different sounds
3). Then I’m gonna show my experience on the social networks since the unboxing to the day by day use, I think the real engagement is made by the sincerity of the experience’s use
4) Italy

My plan to review this in my mind is pretty simple. I work as a computer science teacher at a middle school. I am always in search of a good quality speaker that I can use there. I need something that is durable and can stand up to the abuse of middle school students. I also need something that has great sound that can carry throughout a large classroom. If it can standup to these test and take a beating. It will get my stamp of approval. As well you will get some honest feedback from some middle school students as well. If they like it they can make it a hit fast. That’s my plan.

1 Like

My sonos system has finally lost its life, so I could definitely tesr and use this lol. My plan is would be 2 different uses.

The first is to integrate with my TV as a psuedo surround sound system, the room is pretty closed off and works well with a good soundbar in front and speaker system in the rear. Would need to test across videos and tv shows with the ability to give the immersive feel. The model zero does look to get a nice coverage angle so that would be a good test.

The second is purely music. My wife finally got back to her happy place and now is seriously jonesing for things like CCR and mumfird & sons. Her music preference is all over the map so a speaker that can adjust well based on the genre is a huge deal.

Lastely an unboxing complete with opinions would be included. This would be my plan, guess it would 2 people running it hard in my house so I would have to include her thoughts as well.

1 Like

Hi all,

First things first, screenshot:

Test plan:

1. I want to test the power intake, battery life, the sound quality, the bass level, and the “curb appeal” of the design.

2. Power intake: I will measure with a power meter.
    Battery life: I’m going to play it until it stops at 50% volume, then again at 25% volume.
    Sound Quality, Bass level: I am going to compare it to my Soundcore Boost, Soundcore Nano, Jawbone Jambox, iLuv pocket, and Sony BT.
    Overall Curb appeal: I’m going to ask some of my friends and acquaintances to listen and look and tell me what they think. I might even let a few of them take it home for a night and party with it. I’ll then aggregate their comments and include them in the review.

3. I just got a new iMac, Camtasia license, and Yeti Mic. I’m excited to put these to use on this project. If they want, I might include a montage of comments from people I let borrow it, if they want to be filmed talking about it. I’ll also include the regular unboxing process and such.

4. USA

1 Like