Test Model Zero For FREE | We Love Testing

Oh man, I almost bought this with my last Power User thing, but I’m glad I didn’t if I get a chance to test it! I am an avid tester, posted below are some of the sites that I am a part of that allow me to test products and review them along with all my reviews from previous purchases (that are on this forum).

This is an awesome looking and, I’m sure, sounding speaker. I have the Soundcore2, and several other high-quality BT Speakers, including a bose. From experience, it’s hard to tell EXACTLY how I can and will test this, but there are definitely ways that will always work. For instance, test its Range, Sound Quality vs. other BT Speakers and even ones that are not Always BT, because if it outperforms some of the speakers I have then it is going to get super high marks! I tend to bring BT with me everywhere I go, usually, with a speaker, not a headset, it can be a burden to carry it around, but the Model Zero’s design makes it so that you can carry easily, I love that. It reminds me of old school 80s-90s Boomboxes that people would carry around just to listen to the Cassette they just bought! A little bit of old school, with a lot of new technology, it just does not get any better than that!. So Obviously I am going to test sound quality as stated above (because I am addicted to top quality audio), but for this one, I’ll have to really pay attention to the different aspect as it says that it has Quad sound drivers and the sound quality is better than CD quality. It even says it has BassUp Tech, which, I am always skeptical if that’s just something companies say, or does it really kick out the lows. The cherry on top of the Model Zero, which I probably won’t put through a vigorous of, is its waterproofness. (I do not want to ruin a $200 speaker). I will do what I do with my BT speakers, take it with me when I go somewhere that I want to use it because if I do not use it in the same way I use my other speakers then there is no real way to compare it. What I usually do with speaker tests is to use them on all 3 floors of my house, since they are all different in their own way, one is smaller with hardwood (doesn’t soak up sound) one is large also with Hardwood floors, and the 3rd is smaller and carpeted, but that is where the 64" TV is…definitely connecting it to that! Then, since this particular speaker is meant to be extra portable and waterproof, I would take outside on my deck and see how loud and how good the sound quality is when there are NOT walls for it to bounce off of. Also, even though it is BT, I would have to use all the connections i.e Aux port and any other that it may have. The last part of it I would have to test is the advertised 10-hour playback time, not standby, but when it is actually playing music or whatever type of audio. I am also super excited to check out the app that runs it, in which you can change the EQ and other aspects as well as being able to connect more than one device to it at a time, I’ll have to see what benefit that gives and how well it works/necessary it is. I have had high hopes for this speaker since I saw it was going to be released, if I do get picked you can be certain that it will not leave my side for months! Thanks for the opportunity #Anker #soundcore, I hope there are more product tests to come, it’s like my favorite thing to do, even if I don’t get to keep the product. US citizen. Cheers, Good luck everyone!

My review and testing sites

https://us.reviewclub.com/user/20792/products

@Chris_Renshaw so what’s your test plan?

2 Likes

screw amazon, us Blog-booster, its for amazon products, but without the stupid rules and chance of your account getting banned or whatever happens. Hope that helps!

May be it helps you.
BUT not the customers at AMAZON who like to read honest reviews and like to get their questions answered. :grin:

1 Like

it doesn’t help me at all actually, and a lot of people go to that site to read reviews because on there you can be honest and not get punished by Amazon. I almost never review on Amazon, I’ll finish typing it out and click Done and it will say “sorry we can’t accept more reviews for this product”. That’s dumb. So, I just blog-booster the review and pin the link, unless it something by #Anker then I review it here.

is that a joke? lol I know it’s dumb long, but I test a lot of products and I want to be very clear about how.

:small_airplane:
:drooling_face:

Nothing gets past you​:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I will use my testing formula that I have used across the dozen or so Anker audio products I have purchased or received to test. This test is the same every time consisting of listening to different genres of music (classical, pop, rap, and rock) at different volumes (25, 50, 75, 100) and grading the speaker on performance at each key frequency level (lows, mids, and highs).

I will also compare this speaker to others that I have used as a baseline for performance in the past such as the Soundcore Flare, Beats Pill, etc.

Thanks for the opportunity!

I would do an unboxing + review
I would test this in a practical situations, in partys, when in the shower, out in the garden, during housework.
How does it handle Music, podcasts, Audio Book, Video games.
Looking at the functionality, features including ease of use.
Compare it to full range speakers, Anker Sound Core, on board phone speakers.

1 Like

I’d do a little comparison (with input from my wife) between this and the EU Megaboom 2, Megaboom 3 and Megablast, and the Amazon Echo (which we use at home for general music). My wife is a children’s entertainer, and uses these speakers daily so will be able to give some excellent feedback in a variety of different ambient conditions and spaces.

The video review would start with an unboxing, describing the item exquisitely, with emphasis on build quality and initial aesthetics/physical characteristics, and the design/usability of the device. Setup and connectivity will also be discussed in connecting to a number of devices including Apple and Samsung.

The sound quality would be evaluated with a range of different music genres to evaluate the EQ and sound quality/volume capability, with descriptive feedback versus a range of other speakers.

The ease of transport and use in scenarios such as a children’s entertainment class will then be evaluated and feedback from a working environment provided as to its ease of connectivity, sound quality and volume to cut through the shouts of children! Battery life is really important, and will be a critical feature of this section of the review.

The device will be used as a main speaker in the house for a few days to provide feedback on general every day use for music.

A wrap up would then be provided detailing the pros and cons (relative to other speakers), and a rating out of 10 given (without bias where possible).

Hey when I posted that you hadn’t edited your response to include your test plan :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

What a giveaway @AnkerOfficial :clap:t2:

I dont think I will enter as I’m not sure I could beat some of the above ideas.

But … it’s sooooooo tempting :thinking:

2 Likes

Have a shot fella…everyone’s reviews are going to follow a similar pattern but with their own personal take on things…

2 Likes

I know, we are planning a quiet Christmas this so it’s not like I could have a party as a good test.

I had thought about a plan involving a shower party - to test out the waterproof capabilities but don’t think that would go down too well with the other half as I’d have to take pics as proof :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

My test plan is as follows:

1. Wait for the package (with heart rate going up every min).
  2. When it arrives- take a deep breath and start taking pictures and document everything in each step.
  3. Make a video of unboxing (plus take a lot of pictures)
  4. Install the zero and enjoy (of course take video/pictures)
  5. Compare it with other speakers that I have (Logitech, Zolo, Google, etc.)
  6. Document all the specs as well as input/output ports etc
  7. Write up the review in detail along with video additions
  8. Post it on Anker community, Twitter, etc.
  9. Finally, I’ll be ready to answer any questions about the Zero from other members.

Good luck to all :gift:

1 Like

Testing this little beauty would be easy, Christmas playlist on full blast while putting up the tree. If the neighbors knock on the door to turn it down, test successful. UK

I would like to review the product and specifically compare it against the other 8 anker speaker products as well as Sonos and Bose speakers I use

Testing with a variety of rock blues and jazz music

I have a few things coming up which will give this Model Zero a real testing.

I live in the UK, best of all, in Wales where we get lots of rain to test the IPX5 rating.
Firstly I’ll be placing the speaker in my garden next to the Christmas scene to blast out some Christmas tunes for the kids who love going out to see inflatable Santa and his wooden reindeer in all weathers.
Next I’ll be taking the speaker on a camping trip with me for a motorcycle event. I’ll test the sound inside and outside of the tent and maybe I’ll be able to get a rave going on the campsite to test out the speaker volume properly :wink:
Ohhhh. Thats got me thinking. I wonder what the sound would be like from the speaker when its strapped to my luggage rack at 70(ish) MPH. Now I need to find this out. I miss my music on the bike.

If all else goes well I’ll hand over the music choice to my 3 year old who’ll test how “Let it go” sounds over, and over, and over AND OVER again :neutral_face:

Oh and lets not forget the New Years eve house party to test it too.
Can it annoy the neighbours YES/NO?
How far away? :yum:

I look forward to being given the chance to test it

I would love to start reviewing products. 1st of all I would video the unboxing of this sound system along with posting of instructions to show how user friendly. I would then give to my 2 year old to listen to Mr tumble :see_no_evil: this would test the quality from someone who isn’t a professional singer. It would more than likely test the durability and water resistant as he more than likely to spill some sort of juice. I would compare the sound to my current speakers of sound bar, mini boom, echo and echo dot. I also have friends with bose speakers and bang and olfson as these are “premium” speakers this would give users an idea of how good ths8 could be. @anker hope this is good enough first time I have applied :see_no_evil:

I would do a video unboxing and review for this product

Share on FB

My Tweet

`

Test Model Zero For FREE | We Love Testing https://t.co/04u1VfGA1h

— Matteo Vismara (@wizardxp) 4 dicembre 2018

`