Tattoos... Got any? Want any?

Not completely forever now… cover ups and laser removal :wink:

I have one tattoo :relaxed:

6 Likes

got a bad tribal band around my ankle at a beach bar in Guam when i was 22…
Have a skin cancer survivor/awareness ribbon on my wrist/forearm with my date of surgery.

Looking at getting a clock related tattoo on upper forearm, to signify awareness of mortality and the ever present ticking of the clock

4 Likes

Bit like myself, in the meaning behind it. What time would you have on the clock?

1144- Signifies death in the emergency services world in the United States. It’d be a cool idea! :grin:

1 Like

That’s lovely!

1 Like

I don’t, yet.

My soon-to-be-born son will have a name “created” from the Sindarin language created by JRR Tolkien - I took a word with a meaningful meaning for my wife and I and added the suffix for masculine names. It looks nice when written in Sindarin Tengwar script and I’ve been thinking about tatooing it.

2 Likes

How do you all decide what you want as a tattoo? I don’t think I could ever settle on something I’d be happy with permanently.

Find something you love and has meaning to you.
For me, two out my 3 tatoos have a rose with them. That’s significant to me because the very first poem I wrote and had published was called “The Rose”. My tatoo on my forearm was supposed to be sitting into the middle of a rose on my hand, but since I work with my hands I never had that portion done…one day I will finish it, maybe when I have it touched up and add some color to it.

But as long as you have something meaningful in your life you can find a tatoo for it

1 Like

I actually avoided tattoos because it seemed like everyone I knew was getting one. I got piercings instead. I also have trouble figuring out something that would be right for me for life - I seem to change a lot as I grow and learn stuff.

1 Like

not sure, never got that far into it. Guess i could find my Birth certificate and birth time.
Could do 13:37 because im a nerd…lol

1 Like

10:07 - Out of service :slight_smile:

No and Never

They are so coool! But I am not good with the pain…

Pain tolerances differ for everyone, and depending on location the pain will vary. I can only speak for myself but only discomfort I had was after about 4 hours and it was getting a bit tender.

My only pain and discomfort was when I got the tatoo on my lower right forearm. When the needle went over my tendons my wrist locked up for a good 2 or 3 minutes and I had to pry my hand open. But I had no pain associated with it, just discomfort from it locking up

Try before you buy would maybe be beneficial for some. But I put a lot of thought into mine and knew what I wanted and the meaning behind it so was happy to have it permanently done.

I’ve been toying with getting my next tattoo done in henna first. I’m not sure how big I want it, and if it sticks out under my t-shirt if I will find it annoying :smile_cat: