SURVEY: A Flashlight on Your Portable Charger?

Got you.
For the normal use, a phone is enough.
However, for the emergency or camping, a professional torch would be better.

Yeah, i agree with you. Everybody here is our designer, just share your points with us, we’re willing to develop!!

I had some small portable charger (2000-3000mah) but I found myself didn’t use them. I often carry my 5000mah battery, and I considered it is the golden number for portability. For 5000mah, I would think a battery could charge one phone and power a flash light for at least 3,4 hours.

I think merging a flashlight and battery mainly is for emergency and convenience

Got you, thanks a lot for your good idea.

Very crazy, a cable with a bulb? That may be easy to find the charging port, right?
I think you may be a cyclist :blush:

Black shell makes it difficult to see in the dark, the portable charger or something else?

Got you, but i have a question, do you already have a portable charger that has a flashlight?:smirk:

I wanna know why the phone’s flashlight is a bit cumbersome?

A power bank is a battery, not a flashlight. Don’t do it!

I think it would be awesome to have a combo flashlight/power bank. It would be amazing to have something in the form factor of a powercore mini mixed with something like the LC90 and be able to charge your phone and use the light on the same battery!

1. Launching the flashlight app … unlocking my iPhone, finding the flashlight app, then launching it
  2. Holding the phone in a good grip so I don’t drop it … this is especially challenging when I’m holding my dog’s leash in one hand and my phone in the other

I only really use my iPhone’s flashlight feature if I really have to. I am afraid that I might drop my phone since I like slim fitting cases.

Some great discussion on here about this topic. Who’d have thought it! :grin:

1 Like

Good ol apple, I can map a button, either volume or power to launch the flashlight with android. Either via double tap or long press. Maybe possible with iOS? Right now I don’t have this set but I have it set to launch camera with double Press power button without having to unlock,etc

1. I’ve had a few portable chargers with LED flashlights on them. I have never used them. I carry a usb-chargable headlamp and a phone, which work together to take care of all my needs when it comes to mobile light.

2. I can’t think of a time when I would use my charger’s flashlight.

I did get a charger and “hand warmer” once as a conference gift. That was kind of neat since it gets cold here (currently 3 degrees Fahrenheit), but the warming function really drained the battery.

In any case, I can’t see a flashlight being the thing that convinces someone to buy a particular charger over another. Hand warmer, maybe, but that probably wouldn’t have convinced me to buy it. Like I said, mine was a gift. I will pay for large capacity in a small space and fast delivery for my USB-C devices. Two things you guys are already pretty good at. Keep that up.

1 Like

@AnkerTechnical

So you run this for 5 days and I’m seeing a lot of repeating themes. You had enough to close this? What is your conclusion.

I see two repeating competing themes:

• don’t bother don’t need

• most helpful on smaller devices for emergency unexpected type situations

• if you do it, do it well with a bright enough light not a feeble light for night-adjusted vision like a minimum of the 400 lumens like in LC40.

So for example a merger of the Powercore+ Mini and the LC40 type, in a small form factor so its a pretty good light and some power to help in emergencies.

Well, it is possible to launch it from the Launchpad (swipe up from bottom of screen). But since I use a slim case on my iPhone, I always feel like I have to have the death grip on my phone when holding it in front of me. Flashlight feature is nice to have but I’d rather it be something physical to hold…other then my phone.

1 Like

most people I know use the torch on their phone as they have the phone anyway all the time, the light is often bright enough for seeing your feet.

However I think the gap is when phone is flat. So you’re likely holding the battery with phone recharging it enough to use a flat phone AND wanting a bright enough torch. So the gap is say a flat Slim 5000 type form factor, with a torch. In the past the torches on batteries have been so weak they only were useful in dark-adjusted vision short distance situations. When we were advocating a combined battery with torch it was a better torch.

That Slim 5000 form factor does help solve the having all 3 items presented of power in port, power out port, torch. The rounder form factor like the LC40 or Powercore+ Mini is easier to hold as torch by itself but it creates the design problem of fitting the power in and power out in the small surface area at the end.

Thinking thru it, the only way I see it useful to have a “flashlight” with the a power bank, is for an area light. My cell phone already has a spot type light, so having an area light would be useful and provide a different functionality. It would have been handy to have an area light when I was replacing the kitchen faucet this weekend. What I am thinking is with the power bank laying down, the exposed 5 sides would have LEDs so that the entire area under the cabinet or in a tent would be illuminated.

very well described …! I have not been aware of that yet, but now that you say it!

1 Like

LED lamps already exist. How would yours be different, it recharges phones too?

1 Like