Suggestion For Eufy Cam Android OS App Widget

Hi everyone

Just a new user with the Eufy Cam ( 2 Days ) and the community here.

Love the Eufy Cam very impressed coming previously from a Arlo Pro setup.

The Android App is pretty good being nice and easy and the setup for the complete 3 camera kit was so easy.

But one feature I would love to have that would be super helpful would be a Eufy Cam Android App Widget. With the widget the user could set possibly 2 to 4 selected Security Modes along with the Disarmed option to easily arm or disarm the system without having to open the app each time to do so.

Apologies if this has been asked for in a previous post just thought it would be a great idea.

Cheers :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi @Smithy and welcome to the eufy cam family! :revolving_hearts:

I like your great idea of a “android app widget” and will add your helpful suggestion as soon as possible to the +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++ :+1:

2 Likes

Hi @yamyam thank you for the kind welcome. :blue_heart:

I appreciate you adding it to the To Do List. :+1:

Cheers :sunglasses:

2 Likes

EXCELLENT idea!
I LOVE using widgets and not enough Apps offer them.

Make it happen # 1

No problem at all! But first i need to wait for @AnkerOfficial, @AnkerSupport, @AnkerTechnical, @ndalby, @TechnicallyWell to edit the date of my +++ GENERAL eufycam TODO-LIST +++ so i can edit it again (only possible for the thread opener for 3 months if i remember correctly).

Waiting since weeks already. Have to mark one point as solved/done and now i also need to add your suggestion. Common Anker … wake up your admins! :sleeping_bed:

@yamyam As mentioned on the referenced topic, unless @AnkerOfficial can adjust the time stamps in the background (or put in a place a permanent method for topic starters) your best (and quickest) option would be to create a new topic, copy your original topics content with extra points added to it and then tag either myself or @TechnicallyWell so we can move the posts from your original topic to the new one…

Not the most ideal for long standing topics but would be faster in the short term…

No thanks. Then i wait till NOTHING happens (like in the previous weeks) or @AnkerOfficial will wake up and take action finally.
Else the TODO-List is dead. :skull_and_crossbones: Very unsatisfied forum experience here.
This happens when using 3rd party software.

Anyway, thanks for trying to help @ndalby and i know you would, if you could!

Hi, I’m really interested in having a widget on my Android phone. My first thinking when I’ve set up my security system was “Really!!! I have to open the app each time I’m leaving and coming back to change the security mode… why didn’t they put a widget in their app?”

I’ve check the ToDoList and this suggestion looks to not be added. Can you please check?

1 Like

Hi @Kai_18 … even if i guess that thousands of eufy cam owners would love to have android widgets to toggle between the modes (example: At Home / Away) - i sadly need to conform that eufy / anker has NOT implemented any android widgets yet.

Boooo! … right? :grin:

Correct… how such app doesn’t have widget :flushed: ! Losing so much time leaving home :sweat_smile:. The app should been used only to set up the system (first installation usually) and when you want to see the alerts (hopefully not daily :sweat_smile:). But opening it, to click on security tab and finally set the wanted mode it is time consuming where a simple widget allowing to switch from one mode to another one will make our life easier :grin:.
I believe it is not difficult work :upside_down_face:

1 Like