Stuff to improve my Anker reviews

That looks like 2 of the light boxes I have from a crowdfunding. This looks like it’s a generic version of the Foldio. I am currently awaiting the Foldio 3 shipment. These work really well and are easy to set up. Check them out. Their Foldio360 is really cool too. Here a some examples using both the Foldio and Foldio360 that people have taken.

https://spinzam.com

You could have splurged an extra €5-6 and got it on Amazon.fr if you were wanting faster…

Just ordered myself on Amazon UK, if it’s not up to the job it can always been returned :smile:

2 Likes

Great topic, I’ve been think about this a lot in the last week. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap beginner photography equipment to shoot b-roll video? For example small sliders and tilting tripods.

1 Like

Hey @pickering.drew, most of my reviews are written on Amazon. I took this habit back when the PowerUser program was focused on Amazon.

I also sometimes relay it on Instagram and Facebook.

As of today I only take pictures, so I don’t really need a manual focus lens. My OnePlus 5 does a great job.
Maybe I’ll buy a macro lens to clip on my phone, but I’m always skeptical of these lenses.

1 Like

I have a bunch of them that sellers have set me and I’ve found that unless you have a really good one it’s hard to get decent results from a lot of the cheap ones that flood the market.

Ok thanks for the help and i’ll make sure to check out your amazon reviews.

I received a part of my order ! Here are a few shots of the photo studio, and how it looks with an Anker product inside !

5 Likes

You’ll notice that the LED strip is powered by a PowerCore 20100 mAh :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That’s just awesome

Forgot to mention that the studio comes with 2 rubber covers. A black and a white one, depending on the color of the item you have to shoot.

I will try to shoot a white item tonight, but I didn’t have time yesterday. I will update this post with pics !

Mine got delivered over the weekend via Amazon prime. Seem’s they have moved away from magnetic to snaps but I did get four colour mats black, red, green and white so I can’t really complain. Plan to do a small YouTube review over the weekend for it.

1 Like

Oh great ! I can’t wait to see your review, so that I can compare with mine. Mine is also using magnets instead of snaps BTW.

Really loving this. Photos look really good, clear and professional :thumbsup:

2 Likes

Which gimbal stabilizer did you get?

I currently have the Zhiyun smooth Q but will shortly be swapping it for the DJI OSMO 2 as the OSMO has better features and the smooth Q tends to keep straying here and there which is rather annoying.
The biggest problem with it is that the app absolutely kills your phone battery! You’ll start with a fully charged phone and 20 mins later you’ll be down to 50% or less. It must be a bug in the app as numerous people have mentioned it in the App Store reviews. @elmo41683

Appreciate the reply, I’ll look into them. Trying to get one so come spring time I can record my son riding his dirt bike among other things

1 Like

I’d currently avoid the smooth Q as it’s plagued with the battery issues and when it comes to updating the firmware it’s literally a nightmare! The amount of steps you have to go through is plain ridiculous. The smooth Q is currently around $100 but I’d definitely pay the extra $29 for the OSMO 2 they boost around 15 hours of battery life from a single charge with it plus everything runs through the DJI Go app and like the drones the motion tracking is top notch.

I have to pick one of those up.

A green screen would also be cool