Standards of Living: What type of lifestyle can I afford?

What you selling for a hundred bucks?

Rich is having a mega mansion, ferrari in the driveway and multiple vacation homes. Well in todays terms anyways! :joy: We are dirt poor by those standards. 399Sq Ft is actually very spacious for 2 individuals though unless you hate one another.

Yeah definitely harder to steal by about 1 minute. :joy:

I would like to think of it as basically giving it away compared to what I paid :expressionless: Im referring to the Nebula Mars that now resides in a closet tucked away, never to be remembered again… I should post it for free and see if I get any takers, then turn around and post it for free again after target practice :sunglasses:

2 Likes

My monthly spending? It isn’t as much as you guys but here I go??:
Rent: $1700 is what we (my family) pays out of pocket however Sec8 pays the rest (3br, 2bath) we rented this place back in 2010 and has been lucky we haven’t been kicked out yet :disappointed_relieved:
Food: My family recieves Snaps and how much we recieved had dropped quite low for my family of 4 so it now $200 (+/-)
Daily Needs: Idk about that, usually a good $100 depending if we’re repainting or something.
Clothes: Me = about $100 for 3 whole outfits at a discount store in the clearance section. I rarely want clothing so it’s good however my mum always tries to buy me something.
Brother = about $175 he really needs a new outfit since school started.
Other Brother = separate bill.
Mum = About $100 as well since we both buy when we really need it.
So about $300 all together.
Skin Care: Soap is usually $9 for 20 bars and hair care is usually $15 for S&C.
Dinner/Movies/Going our/Take out: we try to stay in the $50 limit.
Snacks: usually less then $30.
Haircut: Me = $00.00 my hair is always perfect.
Brother: $40 for 2 fades per month.
Other Brother = $40 as well.
Mum = $20.

Lifestyle? The cheap kind lol.
No I won’t even think twice about getting an IPhone8 or IphoneX without dying.
Electronics: we rent 3 phones for $204 a month.
And most likely not, I worry about my family’s spending more then my mum.

1 Like

$40 for haircuts?! :fearful: I spend only $8 a month on haircuts. Im lucky I guess, but thats the price near where I live, pheeew.

You couldn’t get a refund? That’s nuts!

1 Like

It’s 20 for a fade down in Far Rockaway, NY prices will most likely be different in different states lol should be 15 but some people have different prices.

1 Like

Nope there is nothing wrong with it according to Amazon. This is the second one I bought the first never arrived and the second one has bluetooth issues. :expressionless: Its not worth it to go through the hassle of the return/interrogation process.

1 Like

@ndalby my Engineering teacher makes that in a year, though New York is very expensive to live.

I would take it

well for me I am a full time student and work weekends at a local bagel shop;
Total income per month is $500 and $40 in tips if lucky
Housing- live at home for now
shoes- a pair of merrell moab water proof boots, usually at outlets when cheap for $80
clothing- 2 pair of cargo shorts, few t-shirts, pair of good ol blue jeans and hoodie, usually once a year depending on what is needed 200-$300
Haircut- quarterly, $10
Transportation- Bike to work and school, but putting almost all money towards a car
Laptop-Macbook pro 2017, took about 4 months because NY has .083% tax, so yeah a $1299 Mac had $100 in tax
Anker products- bought using tips!
Food- I work in a bagel shop, of course I make a great egg sandwhich and being italian helps with the pasta :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@cava3395 my parents do what your wife does!

2 Likes

@AnkerOfficial what about you?

What a wonderful life :grinning:

1 Like

My aunt in China charged $2 for haircut every time. :joy: Maybe $3 starting from this year now.

1 Like

Now I have a connection when I travel to china! :grin: $3 cant be beat!

They yell at you when you leave your dirty clothes on the ground too? Thought I was the only one! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

You need to cut back on rent.

Shame we’ve got a big lake between us or I’d have had the Nebula off you :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

you want a declared useless item?

Who says it is useless, most things can have a use even if… :smile:

3 Likes