Speaker cleaning

This is a sort of random question but I was doing some work with my soundcore mini and it got a TON of dust in all of the crevices and I am wondering if anyone has an easy way to clean out the dust.

1 Like

2 Likes

Air duster is great idea, at a distance. I also use microfiber cloth and Tiny amount of rubbing alcohol.

4 Likes

Is it work with rubbing alcohol? I never use it before and really curious about it!:joy:

1 Like

What @cava3395 recommended is great. You can also get screen wipes to wipe it down after if you wish.

Great for removing dirt and grime also dries quickly. I find it’s especially useful for non water resistant devices as long as you don’t overdo it, a tiny amount will do.

1 Like

Thanks! I don’t know how I didn’t think of these.

1 Like

Wouldn’t alcohol eventually rub off the finish?

1 Like

You are probably correct with older devices. I can see it being a problem rubbing off the finish on devices with a thin rubber coating. I mainly use it on bare plastic or fully rubberized devices like the soundcore sport XL. The soundcore mini has a smooth finish so I doubt that it would cause any damage without vigorous scrubbing as long as you don’t soak the device less is more.

1 Like

Yeah thats true man. Ive had devices that rubbed off the rubber coating with just sunscreen applied to my face and sweat after a run. So who knows what bad stuff is in sunscreen :joy:

A bunch of aluminum & Oxybenzone to block UV, sunscreen can be nasty stuff. Aluminum has been linked to alzheimer’s and is most likely the reason why it was so abrasive & corrosive on your devices. Pick your poison, Sun or metal in your sunscreen.

1 Like

If you use a ear wax cleaner that works very well in small areas