Spam / Robo / Marketing Calls - How to avoid these?

You are so naughty! :joy:

2 Likes

I have TMobile and supposedly they block spam calls. I used to get them constantly like 3 months but I gotta say stopped. I donā€™t know if itā€™s TMobile blocking them or they just gave up on me :joy:

3 Likes

Iā€™m annoyed about these marketing calls. I can get a lot of calls every day, let me apply for a credit card, or borrow money from a bank.:joy:

2 Likes

Its a small service I offer to the world. I get to spend my time scratching that troll itch I have and it keeps them from bothering some other poor person for a little while. win - win - win

Iā€™ve gotten to the point where I can keep them on for about 20 minutes before I get board. Thank goodness for bluetooth headsets!

2 Likes

Here in the US I get some about my car warranty is about to expire and I need to renew it and stuff. They usually name a brand of a car I donā€™t own or say my ā€˜truckā€™ when I donā€™t own one lol

1 Like

Lol yeah Iā€™ve done that beforeā€¦

1 Like

You have to time it right where you get in your car, say you donā€™t own a car because its illegal for you to drive after the last incident, and then turn the car on. If they ask about the car sound in the background just say how its fine and that you really have to go because youā€™re late for your community serviceā€¦

2 Likes

That type of call, a person, I rarely get.

Real people doing harm, I know how to tie them up.

2 Likes

Sounds like youā€™ve been giving the scammers hell :joy::joy:

1 Like

The spam callers have been a great outlet for meā€¦ ā€œCreativityā€ā€¦?

My cube mates at work love to hear me go on with these people while Iā€™m typing away on my keyboard. The first few times they thought I was actually giving out my credit card number but soon realized that wasnā€™t the caseā€¦ lol

1 Like

Oh my, I would LOVE an IRS call

1 Like

I once spoke to a IRS spam caller, it was funā€¦ then there was another caller for Windows Texh repair asking me to install and app and give him the pinā€¦

You need to start recording them :thumbsup::joy:

1 Like

Would be funny, but itā€™s illegal some placesā€¦

1 Like

Same here. I still see occasional ā€œSpam Likelyā€ when someone calls and turns out my college called for some kind of weather alert :joy:. At least they leave a voicemail unlike these robocalls

1 Like

Lol my sister get those calls and she doesnā€™t even own a car lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m patient to the point that I just block them as they come in, replacing/adding permutation number strings after the initial six numbers (sometimes the the first eight (including the area code)). That way I cover calls from the same sources that increment the last four digits. Adjust accordingly for alternatively formatted call numbers for various regions.

Thatā€™s just my two-cents.
Being a person who wouldnā€™t want to rely on more tech for a process that I can just tinker with.

Do you use an app for it? I know the are lot of apps on Appstore which do these, but request access to contacts which I do not want to give access to!

Thatā€™s good to know. I do know TMobile have some kind of Caller Authentication in place to block spam calls. Hope other major carriers follow themā€¦

The best one I got was supposedly, coming from my own home number. LMAO!!!

1 Like