Soundsync Drive output low

Hi All,

I just purchased a SoundSync and began using it with a ground loop isolator, but what I noticed is that the output (volume) is low. I’ve got the radio in the car and the phone’s BT pegged to max. Any thoughts on the issue? I drive an 08 Honda Element.

Thanks

@jsteffen77 Thank you for your question. Could we trouble you to try the SoundSync only (no isolator attached) to see if the volume still low? You can also test it with another device to see if it works fine. If the problem still there, please contact us via support@anker.com. We are happy to help you with the replacement or refund.

Hi
I did test it with no isolator and it is slightly louder so there is some loss in the isolator, but still the ouput level seems low. When I connect my phone directly it is a lot louder.

Thanks

Hello, facing the exact same issue.

@AnkerSupport: What is the output impedance of the device?

@jsteffen77: How did you resolve the problem?

Thanks,

OR

I also have a lower volume. Not much of a difference with and without the ground loop-isolator.

There’s also a noticeable degrade in the music quality. My EQ has to be drastically adjusted to get the “lows” back. The music sounds rather “Muffled”.

My Wicked Reach didn’t have this problem…