Soundcore Vortex Wireless Over Ears Review

Great honest review, quick question. Have you noticed any high shrill vocals at higher volumes? I saw some reviews say they had issues with producing higher frequencies

1 Like

Excellent in depth review & pics @Dave_West , thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Not big on heavy bass myself from headphones, so these sound like they could be right up my street :smile:

3 Likes

Great honest review @Dave_West :grinning:
I think they’d be ok for my simple needs but I wouldn’t like to pay more than about £40 if I had to buy them.

You should do your next Car Diaries with these on :grin:

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve had any trouble in this regard, I suppose it depends on the source being used. My OnePlus devices and iPhone all have great audio output but i know cheaper devices have poor audio chips which don’t compliment things like this well.

They do need running in though, it took a good few days before they loosened up and lost their slightly hard edge.

Maybe those reviews are basing the sound on a days use? :+1:

3 Likes

Ha ha thanks Oggy! :rofl:

Thanks Neil! I’m not a massive bass head but it’s something I do enjoy from time to time :grin:

@Dave_West

Thank you for your very detailed review! We will keep develop the product with good value.
I’m curious how long you spent on writing this article!:joy:

1 Like

Took me a good 90 minutes with some adding and removing bits :rofl:

Thanks for the reply, and I figured it had to do more with their source and possibly after only using it for a day or two.

Thank you for the detailed review. I recently won a pair and gifted it to my hubby to use to watch tv with. Although he’s only started using them last night, he prefers these to the Beats. The Vortex feels a lot more comfortable on his ears, especially for longer tv sessions. He claims that the Beats feel like they are trying to suck your brains out of your head. LOL… He did state that he likes the volume control of the Beats more then the Vortex though since it is easier to feel the button. Volume button on the Vortex seems a bit small, especially when the headphones are over your ears. Other then that, we love the noise cancelling. Oh, and the Beats leaked sound. The Vortex didn’t. As a matter of fact, he was so engrossed in his show that when I walked into the bedroom and tapped him on the shoulder, he jumped. :stuck_out_tongue: With the beats, he could hear me coming. Personally, I would buy the Vortex over the Beats due to comfort and noise cancelling. And the best thing is that the Vortex is a fraction of the cost for the Beats. So it’s a no brainer.

Very nice review, thanks! I liked your close-up photos, too, nice way to show the details!

I’m wanting anxiously for the Vortex and the Space NC to become available in Canada…

Thanks for sharing and giving us an depth review of it.

For me sound leakage, the folding hinges, and the base quality are a concern.

I spend a lot of time in the library (horrible internet service at home) working on projects and I’ve several people tell me they can hear sound on several of my over the ear headsets.

I saw the pictures of the hinges, but no mention of them. Do they look like they will last?

Hi there, thanks for the feedback :+1:

The hinges are very good - strong and also nicely tactile with a reassuring click when folded out for listening. I wasn’t expecting much but they feel really solid and certainly up to the task of being folded and unfolded possibly hundreds of times :+1:

3 Likes

Great, honest review @Dave_West! And awesome pictures, too!

1 Like

awesome review man, really thorough

1 Like

Heya. I really liked your review. and so far it seems Soundcore Vortex will fill my needs. I would like to ask, have you tried using them for watching TV? Is there any audio lag? are they good option for TV? thanks

1 Like

Sorry, only just seen this. They’re fine for tv use there’s a tiny bit of lag but you do adapt quickly and it becomes a bit of a non issue after a short time :+1:

Appreciate you watching and for taking the time to comment!

Hey Dave, great honest review. Touched upon several different areas and I like the close up photos. Looks well built and great quality. Thank you.

I have a pair of these and I agree with you on a few points, not so much on others. First off, in my opinion, the sound quality IS better than Beats, I sold mine after getting these because of the difference. As far as “soud leakage”, I would expect my large over ear headphones to be heard, if turned up loud enough, by someone sitting next to me, but only in a room with 0 to minimal noise. I do like the case they come with, love the option for Aux cable, love volume controls on headphones, they way they fold up, and the INSANELY long battery life and quick recharge. The sound, bass etc. vary and become better the higher the volume. I have 0 problems with the build quality, although they do kind of make my head look small, its hard to explain. Anyway, these are by far the best quality over ear headphones I have ever had and right now I am testing Pro, Studio Quality headphones, by a different company and they don’t even come close to the quality of these and they are double the price.

1 Like