Soundcore Vortex Wireless Over-Ear Headphones

This is my initial review for Anker Soundcore Vortex Wireless Over-Ear Headphone. Headphones came in a very nice box. Inside of the box there was the carrying case and all accessories and headphones were inside the carrying case.
Headphones have very nice and soft feel. Carry case is moderately hard.
Headphone is exactly 292 grams in weight while carry case is 120 grams in weight.
Accessories include a micro usb charging cable and a 3.5mm to 3.5mm stereo cable with single button control.
Inside the box you will also find a user manual, warranty card and a happy/not happy card.

Specs:
Input : 5V, 0.5A
Charging time: 2.5 hrs
Playtime : 20 hrs
Impedance : 16 Ohms
Driver : 40 mm
Freq Response : 16 Hz to 20 KHz
Bluetooth Ver : 4.1
Range : 12m or 39.4 ft
3.5mm wire length: 48 inch

I have a good size head and these phones fit perfect at maximum extension. Anyone with supersized head will have a hard time fitting these headphones.

Initial pairing was painless. There are only 2 buttons on the headphone. One is power on/off button which also doubles as play/pause as well as activating siri/answering phone etc.
Other is volume up/down button which also works as track forward/back button.
When I turned it on by pressing power button for 4 sec it makes a very pleasant chime in headphone and my iphone immediately paired the headphone. Headphone battery level is displayed in iphone (which is awesome feature). Headphone came at 90% charged. It is too early to report the estimated 20 hour run time.

I have Bose/Grado/Sennheiser headphones which are very good in reproducing sound so I will be comparing these Soundcore with my other headphones. Typically, these kinds of headphones take some time to break in (to get optimum quality sound) but out of the box I really like the quality of sound reproduction. Bass is good and mid-range is great. Sound isolation is very good. I will update more in a few weeks about the sound quality.
I made my wife try these and she really liked it and approves of the sound quality and isolation.
Using Siri was awesome (pressing power button for 1 sec) and call quality was top notch.

These headphones have a very soft padding which feels very comfortable while using. Built quality is top notch where use of metal (probably aluminum) is obvious. Joints and places where headphone folds are all metal design.

Overall, my initial impressions are that Anker made a great wireless headphone at a great price point.

I’ve attached some pictures for your viewing pleasure. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions regarding these headphones.

7 Likes

Nice review, quick question…Have you tried to see how far away they stay paired before they start to distort? I know bluetooth specs say x distance, but I have always found it to be different real world experience

1 Like

@elmo41683 thanks for asking. Inside of my condo (around 1200 sq ft) i cannot find any spot where the connection breaks. I get solid connection throughout the house with no wall interferences across 3 floors.
When I took off outside to check on distance it was solid 15 meters. At that point I lost connection.
Hope it helps.

2 Likes

Good review @kumar.sachin :thumbsup:…these are certainly on my ‘to test’ list this year…

1 Like

That’s good to hear, I’m gonna have to get a pair for late night movie watching or listening to music while doing chores around the house

1 Like

Fab review @kumar.sachin I think these are going to be very popular indeed. They look great.

Excellent review and thank you for the great pics. They look very comfortable. It’s on my wish list. Perhaps hubby will be getting these for our anniversary. :wink: He’s been wanting ones like these to use for tv viewing. I love the case that it comes with. It would be cool if Anker made a charging stand for it too.

1 Like

Very nice review & pictures @kumar.sachin :grin: I also would be happy to try these out…

1 Like

Great review @kumar.sachin, thanks for sharing!

Great review and pics, @kumar.sachin! I’ve been wanting to get my hands on one of those, but it’s not available in Canada yet…

A couple of questions:

• How long is the 3.5mm cable?
  • In your call, did the person you were calling heard you well?
  • How high is the maximum volume? I don’t intend to use it in its max, of course, but sometimes a particular song or show is so low you have to get the volume a little higher, and I had cases where the max volume were still too low for such occasions.

Keep up the good reviews!

1 Like

Thanks for asking @tiagomota

• 3.5mm cable is 48 inch long
  • Yes the person on other end heard me very well.
  • My comfort level (volume) is around 50% for this headphone. I believe this is pretty loud for most.
3 Likes