Soundcore Vortex - My Amazon Review

Just posted my review over on Amazon UK:

No point copying and pasting it here! and it’s basically an update of the quick update I put on here the other day!

If going to Amazon is too much like TL;DR - here’s a very quick summary (read in your best Hulk voice!)

Headphones good

Sound good

No Bad…

Any questions let me know!

3 Likes

Nice review certainly on my list to test at some stage…

…might be wise doing a copy and paste of your review to here (if your partial to your reviews), just in case you fall foul to Amazon during a deleting spree of reviews like some have…

4 Likes

Hi @Noel_Taylor,
thanks for sharing.

@Oggyboy This Review give you the answer.

1 Like

I had it wired to the xbox controller - not a huge gamer, didn’t even know I could have it bluetooth!

I haven’t tested the mic on it for xbox, see no reason it won’t work. I’ve never done voice chat on the xbox - that’s how hardcore a gamer I am!

Very pleased with them though, range was a nice surprise too.

1 Like

On Neil’s recommendation, here is a copy of my review over at Amazon in case they decide to purge me…

So… Soundcore Vortex. Soundcore is a new offshoot from Anker - if their audio products are as good as their battery tech - we have a winner.

I’ve got one of the little bluetooth waterproof Soundcore speakers and was suitably impressed with that, hence buying these.

I needed some new headphones as my old corded in-ear ones are a bit broken! I fancied trying some over the ear ones for a change to see if they blocked out a bit more external sound. Yep - they sure do. The wife likes to sew, so with her sewing machine clattering away it was most distracting playing on my xbox with in-ear headphones.

Tried these out on the weekend and they blocked out a huge amount of sound. Not 100%, but then I can’t have that as I wouldn’t hear when she was nagging me then!

I have tried them both wired (xbox controller) and bluetooth-ly. No discernible difference in any audio quality, not that I confess to being an audiophile by any means.

Bluetooth distance was way more than acceptable, I was 2 x 30cm (12" for the Americans) brick walls away - around 8-9 metres - before sound started breaking up. I wondered why the sound was breaking up and then I realised I’d left my phone 2 rooms away. Pretty good in anyone’s book.

The box was reassuringly heavy when I received it, opening up the box and the semi-hard case supplied (contains 3.5-3.5 and USB charging cables in a neat little mesh pocket) is a great bonus. I also really like the little loop that is used to grab and unzip. means I can easily use a little carabiner and hook them onto a rucksack - great when travelling.

I also really like the fact that L and R are labelled into the headphones in great big letters. Maybe a small thing to some, but we’ve all spent ages trying to read a really small letter to see which side is which right? I don’t need to reach for my reading glasses to figure this out now. Again, small touches that go a long way.

Sound wise, really happy. I listen to mostly heavy rock, but have tried with a few acoustic tracks. Shinedown’s cover of Simple Man was fabulous! so clear… Heavier stuff, again fab. No issues to report at all. One of the reviews I read on Amazon US was that the buyer would have been happy with them at $150. I agree, didn’t think I’d be so impressed with such a small cost. I hate using the word cheap, as it has all sorts of implications. These are anything but - definitely on the more premium end of the scale. the hinges for when you fold them up into the case appear to be aluminium. I can see these lasting a long time.

Only negative I can find so far is that the ear hole is a little small. But I have pretty big ears! and the memory foam means it just molds to shape anyway - same goes for glasses, wearing my reading glasses with these on was no issue. I couldn’t really notice anything pressing in.

All in all, a great bit of kit - well happy for the price.

3 Likes

Thank you @Noel_Taylor for the info. I’m not a big gamer but thought I could have a go if I get some :slight_smile:

So is it comfortable for ear wearing?

Very comfy - the memory foam in the ear pads molds nicely to the shape of my head, even though my ear lobes catch a little.

I was quite surprised given the weight of the box and the solidity (is that even a word??) of the headphones, they really don’t feel heavy whilst wearing them. Wandering around the house, sitting playing my xbox I didn’t feel like I had a big weight on top of my head.

One other thing that I forgot to put in my review, there is barely any noise leakage too. I put them on full volume, which is nowhere near the level you would normally have them as they’re pretty loud, one of my engineers in the office could just - literally just - hear a whisper of noise.

I haven’t had as much chance to wear them as I would like as yet. I can’t wear them full time in the house as I wouldn’t be able to hear the kids shouting, now there’s a thought…

1 Like

Nice review! Thanks for sharing, @Noel_Taylor!

Thank you for your feedback!