Soundcore USB C?

Anker as a company seems to be all in on USB C for their power banks, chargers, and cables. When do you think they’ll release their first Soundcore speaker powered by USB C?

2 Likes

Sometime this year…

3 Likes

Hopefully :grin:

1 Like

This year! Almost all the audio products involved USB-C port!
Happy? Or not happy?:grin:

8 Likes

4 Likes

There are so many here who “need” it urgently.

I’m so torn between the USB-C conversion. I wish there was an easy, cheap, and practical way to have both on devices for like 3 years while people migrated over and then just do strictly USB-C.

In twenty something years, I’ve seen plenty of different cables from different manufacturers. Including some makers having different cables for different handsets.

1 Like

Happy :wave::grin::smile:

1 Like

Fingers crossed :sunglasses:
:astonished::raised_hands:

1 Like

Usb-c everything Anker :clap::wink:
Ever since getting the S9 Plus I am addicted to usb-c

1 Like

I don’t think Anker is full on usb-c, not until apple use it.

They are doing a lot more powerbanks with usbC but still plenty, that aren’t.

Plus, as you know, there is a new standard of usb coming, that makes today’s cables look sluggish. Anker would be silly to drive ahead of this tech, before it’s releases. Plus USBC is getting cheaper to make, this means the less advanced phones not using it yet… Will soon be full on usb-c, and with apple saying they’re gonna use it first on the iPad… This will be a game changer for all involved in tech accessories.

I’m starting to see new products from competitors coming out with USB-C and as @AnkerTechnical said later this year.

My guess is as they design new products they will most likely use USB-C until a new standard comes out. As to their charging devices they will over USB-C PD and standard USB charging options.

Happy.

As I’ve said several times before, USB-C EVERYTHING :relaxed:

Looks like they’ve released their first Soundcore with USB C, the Motion+! (https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Soundcore-Bluetooth-Customizable-Waterproof/dp/B07P39MLKH)

Not sure if I want to bite on this one (it’s 15% off right now) or wait for the next generation Flare+

MOTION+ : Great speaker.
You should take a look at the reviews.
(I wrote a humble and simple one. :wink:)

The Motion+ uses USB-C charging and has an incredible battery life.
But for real carrying around (Rucksack etc.)
for me it is too heavy and bulky.

If we get some reviews of the “Flare Mini”
(I call it Baby-Flare) I would suggest this is a real mobile speaker.

Any news about Sound Core 3 with USB-C and hopefully fast charging?

This I think would be perfect for everyone in the less than $50 speaker market! Unfortunately since this is lower market and the SoundCore 2 is still getting good reviews, I doubt Anker will get to it before this year’s holiday.

1 Like

Which is a shame, as it upgraded to better speakers, and USBC, would be a fairly cheap upgrade… Soundcore 3 under 30(GBP) prob same USD. It would be even more popular than 2, which is OK… not fantastic, but is ok all around, stable, reasonable duration, ok sound. 4 stars every day of the week… Make it a 5nstar, and even more will sell.

Here in UK we like a beefier sound, but S2 just doesn’t quite get there … (@TechMan not just thumping bass, but good bass!)

1 Like