SoundCore Sport XL Sync issue

Has anyone had issues syncing to the SoundCore Sport XL? I’ve synced to it before, and now it will not. I removed it from my iPhone list and attempted to re-sync to the unit, but it will not see the unit. The blue light is flashing steady, but not rapidly. My only concern is that too many devices have synced to it.

Is there a way to clear the unit’s memory and start from scratch?

Hi @David_Krueger,
Try holding down the Bluetooth button on the SoundCore Sport XL for 2 seconds to unpair it from the last device. The speaker should then go back to pairing mode. Go back to your iPhone (Settings > Bluetooth) and the speaker should show up again.

If you think one of your other devices is interfering, then you may want to try taking your speaker and iPhone to another area. I once had to take one of my Bluetooth speakers to a local park because I couldn’t figure out which device in my house it kept connecting to. :laughing:
If it still gives you trouble, feel free to reach out to support@anker.com.

Hi just wanted to add my bit, i had the same problem my speaker Soundcore XL would not connect to any of my devices, computer or the phone, i reset the bluetooth pairing by holding down the blue tooth button for 2 secs but that didnt work either. The only solution i found was to switch on the speaker normally and while switched on hold the plus and minus volume buttons simultaneously, this rebooted the speaker and then i was able to connect the speaker again normally.