SoundCore Sport XL (Review)

Really wish I had one of these. They look pretty nice

Good review… I like that Anker decided to step up their packaging game… The box for this speaker is reminiscent of Sony & Beats headphone packaging that I’ve seen.

If you think the bass is not as good as the soundcore 2, I will probably pass on this purchase unless it goes a drastic price drop.

1 Like

Thanks and I also agree about the packaging (in regards to audio items).

As much as the blue/white is iconic and synonimous with Anker, using the black on this and the NB10 sports seemed to signal a move to highlight/differentiate the ‘premium audio’ items in the Anker range, like what we have now with the Boost (and Pro).

To my ears the bass is not as good as the SoundCore 2 but in the same light you can’t drop the SC2 into water and expect it to survive (spray/splash yes). It really depends on your desired use and budget…

1 Like

I tested this just now and it does not work as you describe.

Turning the volume down on the speaker itself when is is not paired/connected to a device does nothing on the speaker itself.

Turning the volume down on the speaker itself when it is paired/connected to a device turns the volume of the paired device down, as it should.

The power-up tone has nothing at all to do with the speaker’s volume setting nor the paired device’s volume setting…it’s a fixed volume tone tied to the power-up sequence of the speaker itself.

I LOVVVEEEE this picture !! You must have had so much fun that day.

I can‘t’ stand the cold, so I prefer summer time!

2 Likes

great review!!!

looks great!!!

1 Like

Great detailed review @ndalby do you (or anyone else) know if its compatible with Amazon Dot (doesn’t lose bluetooth connection after time with no signal received)? Tempted to get one of these :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never tested to connect a SoundCore to such device.

Thanks. I don’t have a Amazon Dot so can’t say how it would react for certain but it does follow the same behaviour as other Anker speakers in that it will power off after a period of time if no device is connected (around 30 minutes). Connection via aux should prevent this…

1 Like

Very nice review indeed!

Thanks @ndalby, I’ve noticed that it’s about 50/50 with Anker speakers on Dot compatibility, some of them are specifically highlighted as being compatible such as the newer SoundCore 2 - on amazon UK product description - Listen Further - Amazon Dot compatible. I’ve also found the original SoundCore and the Premium A3143 to be compatible, but not so the Boost & Pro, which auto-power off after some time.

1 Like

Oh shoot! You’re right. It must have been one of the previous models that you could do that with.

Sorry about that. -_-

We did! But it was five days :grin:

The Smith River float is a highly guarded 60 river-mile trip through central Montana. It’s so popular there’s a complex permitting process through the state to get permission to go. There is blue-ribbon fishing the whole way and several stops the include native pictographs and vision artifacts. Basically, a bunch of people apply for permits, and whoever gets it invites everyone else along for the trip. The catch is that there is NO civilization along the route - only primitive camping on the riverside, and that mostly inside steep canyon walls that surround the river. A couple more shots just for kicks:

2 Likes

I have this speaker and take it camping, outside while doing projects, etc. It’s nice not to have to worry about anything!

1 Like

I love it. Thanks for the story and the pics.

Nice review just put all my bucks on this.strong text

Thank you for leaving a review. I do t like to buy things without assurance that it is a quality product that will sit my needs

Thanks for sharing your review. Looks like a good product.