Soundcore Sport XL Auxiliary Port

I can’t seem to get my XL to work using the aux port. On, off… whatever the case, nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong? Can someone clue me in on the process to get it working?

On a side note… it even picks up an FM broadcast very faintly when the aux cable is plugged in.

1 Like

I haven’t tried yet. I’ll try now and report back to you soon!

Hi @seanfromvegas , the aux port should work without any buttons having to be pressed, except the power button :relaxed:, to make sure your speaker is powered on. I’ve just tested mine to confirm. If you have tested your aux cable to make sure it is functional (with another speaker for example) I would advise you drop support@anker.com an email as it sounds like the port and/or the speaker has a fault.

Also make sure that the volume is up on your speaker, as it operates separate from your device…

3 Likes

I have the same problem with the FM coming in faint. I think its just a gimmick in my opinion. I even took it outdoors and it still is faint. Other than that issue which is not a big one I love my Sport XL. It has been tossed and dropped and dunked on several occasions. Besides the battle scars it works great.

1 Like

I don’t have the XL but I do have the Soundcore and I seem to recall one time I had a problem when the speaker was paired via Bluetooth to another device when I plugged the 3.5 in. Check if the blue light is flashing or solid.

I’m just waiting for it to go on sale again. I know the SoundCore mini can pick up FM stations, didn’t know if the Sport XL can do it with the cord. I know the mini uses the cord that comes with it as an antenna. Maybe if you plug in the USB cord, you could receive a stronger signal

You are lucky my soundcore mini picks up every other word and then static. :joy:

But like I said I dont listen to FM so oh well.

Hi @seanfromvegas, from your description, your speaker possibly has a fault, so I suggest you contact support@anker.com by email, we are happy to help you out ASAP. :slight_smile:

So this is my second one, first one had the same problem, and got a new one sent to me in just a couple of days. I have tried it with power on, off, usb cable in and out, tried messing with the volume, and have tested the aux cable, and used other cables. Since it was my second one, I was thinking that I was doing something wrong.