Soundcore spirit X, constant background white noise, normal?

I just bought some Anker soundcore spirit X Bluetooth wireless earphones.
There is a permanent and constant white noise hiss that is in the background. It appears the moment it connects to a device. I have tried on both laptop and phone, same result.
It does not change volume or pitch regardless of volume. When listening to music its ok because constant music drowns it out but when watching any dialogue on a TV show or talking on the phone, it is unbearable after half an hour to have this constant white noise.

Is this how it’s meant to be or have I been sent a broken pair ? Bought from Amazon UK today .
If this is just how they are then I’ll be sending them back.

1 Like

Mine are not like this. They’re probably defective.

Contact support at service@soundcore.com

Seems like you need to exchange them

Mine are okay, no issues so far. Probably you got a defective one, support should take care of you.

Not normal!
Don’t have that issues with mine.
You should contact the support and get another one.

I got sent a new pair.
Exactly the same result.
When I say white noise I didn’t literally mean a white noise but I was struggling to describe it.
It seems like these are just poor headphones.

Do you guys seriously not get ANY noise???
So you connect it up, press play, and you don’t hear any other noise other than whatever is playing?

These headphones make a distinct noise as the sound “activates”. It is really noticeable when you stop whatever is playing and you still hear this noise, this soft hiss. And then after a few seconds it stops.

It’s only on when there’s audio of any kind playing.

Rubbish.

Same with me

i’ve got the same issue…

i find it really annoying - the low level hiss you can hear when the volume is low or those 2-3 seconds after a video/music stops you can still hear the hiss.

I’ve just realised what the reviewer meant when talking about the background noise!