Soundcore Motion+ - Sounds flat

Hello Anker community!

I have ordered the Motion+ two months ago. It’s powerful speaker. It has pretty deep bass. I even found the best sound profile for me (attached it below).

But I have a small JBL Go 3, and in my opinion and my wife agree — it sounds prettier compared to Motion+. I have no idea why, but JBL has a better sound profile that sounds more surrounding. On Anker for some reason it sounds more flat.

First 2 weeks I was even disappointed by Anker product, because I had headache on each listening of Motuon+ when the BassUp was enabled. Sound was on 30-40% maximum (I listen in the room so I don’t use the full potential of the speaker).

I decided to share my experience and feeling with the product. Maybe somebody will share with me a better sound profile to use on daily basis. Or maybe Anker will invest into the sound quality improvement to make customers happier.

Also have suggestion to Anker: please allow to save custom sound settings and have multiple custom sound profiles. It will help to switch between them faster. And also will be good to set a default profile and “BassUp” profile. This way I can switch in one click on the device (BassUp button) between my lovely profiles

Good luck. Stay safe. Be happy!

Have you tried another mp3 player and do eq adjustments there?

No, I use iPhone with its Music app from Apple. Only official high quality music I use (Apple Music)

Is there any eq given you could use with your Apple Music?

I dont know the quality and the bandwidth of the eqs of the soundcore app,
because I use the app for updates only.

I do the adjustments by the eqs added to the mp3 players I use
and I have no problems with the sound of that motion + speaker.

Please always remember for the sound of a speaker the location and its “surrounding” is very important too.

Oh, I use it in the room. So no noice from external surround.

It’s no adjustments to the Apple Music app. I use the JBL and it sounds much better compared to Soundroce Motion+, only no so loud and bass is less extensive

Sorry for the bad explanation:

Surrounding" I mean the decoration of the room the speaker is used.
eg. curtains furniture etc,

Otherwise if you think the JBL is better it might be so. :rofl:

If you are not happy with it I’d recommend returning it

Why should I return it if the company can made the software adjustments to improve sound profile? It’s not something related to hardware I hope.

I’m trying to help Anker to improve their products with the customers feedback (if they care about customers at all). So I wanna have improvements to the software

I am satisfied with the software adjustments of the motion +.
And there are many more.

Seems you like a “special sound” which you got perfectly from the other speaker you mentioned.
Not all customers would like to have such a heavy bass by the presetting.
I use the m + without any eq and for my ears its fine.
Others may have another “sound feeling”.
It depends of the music you are listening to and of course to the special sound you favoring. :smiley:

True :+1: :+1: