SoundCore Motion+ Review (2019) inc IPX Water Testing

Soundcore

Disclaimer: This review was written as part of the We Love Testing program here.

Product Links

Amazon UK
Amazon US

Key Features

• Two 40kHz ultra-high frequency tweeters, neodymium woofers and passive radiators for 30W of Hi-Resolution audio output
  • Qualcomm aptX for improved bitrate and audio of lossless tracks
  • Built-in & App controls for Power (On/Off), Play/Pause, Vol Up/Down, Bluetooth & BassUP control
  • 6700 mAh Battery for up to 12hrs playback depending on volume level & content type
  • Bluetooth 5.0
  • 3-4hr charge time from USB-C charging port (USB-A to USB-C cable included)
  • Built in microphone for hand free calls
  • Auxiliary input (cable included)
  • Wireless Stereo capabilities with pairing to another SoundCore Motion+
  • IPX7 Waterproof rating - spray, splash or drown :stuck_out_tongue: for up to 30 minutes at 1m maximum depth

The Impressive

• Very good audio definition over several genres tested :metal:
  • USB-C charging port, backing those after a single cable solution :open_mouth:
  • Battery life that seems to go on and on, for the loudness it was at…:+1:
  • App control with power control, including remote power down
  • Customisable equaliser via the SoundCore App :nerd_face:
  • Ability to pair with another Motion+ for increased volume and/or wider stereo playback
  • Water resistance - good for life accidents or your need to torture a speaker :grin:

Slightly Disappointing

• Low battery warning alert has been removed, not certain why….so playback of favourite albums come to a dead end…literally… :coffin:

Great review @ndalby! It’s well laid out, and you’ve made some excellent points! I will watch the video later on my YT feed when I have time :wink:

Great review from our great moderator!
That remote power down feature sounds good. Sometimes I’m too lazy to get up and turn off my Flare+ :rofl:

Another Great review @ndalby asusual, good to see the IPX7 tested and proven.
Sad to know that there is no low battery warning. Does it give you any warning on the app??

Great review @ndalby, as usual!

Great review and photos! :ok_hand: good job! :ok_hand:

thanks for sharing!

Great review as always!

Doesn’t look like a need for me. But, thanks for sharing!

A very good review, Thank you for sharing @ndalby

Thanks for the comments guys & gals :slightly_smiling_face:

Great review, @ndalby. I appreciated the way you laid out your details, and the emojis were a nice touch with each detail.

I’m also glad to see that I’m not the only one that misses the alert tone telling you the speaker is dying.

The ZERO is dying quietly too.
This is a little bit annoying when listing to streaming sources.
I always think first the stream had crashed.
(This happens of course too)

Good point Franz…didn’t notice at first as I’ve always seen the button start flashing red on the Zero so it went straight on charge but over the weekend I noticed I missed it on my Zero review…forrest / trees I guess :man_facepalming:

Terrific review and photos as always Neil. :ok_hand:t2: