Soundcore Mini Powers Up At Maximum Volume

I have been using a Soundcore Mini for six months to listen to music on a microUSB chip. When powering up, it always remembered the volume setting from the last time. Lately, it now powers up at full volume regardless of the volume level it was at at power-off. That is real annoying when I want to quietly listen to it at night. Any hints at how to restore the original method of operation?

1 Like

Sorry that I don’t have a solution, but I have had the Soundcore Mini for over a year and it has begun doing the same thing. Maybe it’s just new software screwing it up? I always use an iPhone 8 plus with mine, and it worked just fine until it started doing that maybe a few weeks ago. Anyway, good luck.

1 Like

Okay, I may have found the cause of the problem. I normally use the mini in microSD mode. I had recently had an occasion to use it in Bluetooth mode and set the volume at max. Since the mini powers up in Bluetooth mode first, then you press the mode button twice to get it into microSD mode, it seems to remember the last Bluetooth volume setting, not the last microSD setting. What I did to fix the problem is power up in Bluetooth mode and lower the volume to zero. Now, when I power up and go to microSD mode, the volume is at zero.

What I haven’t yet figured out is how to get it back to where it powers up with the volume at a moderate level. If I do that in Bluetooth mode, it doesn’t stick. There must be a particular sequence I haven’t figured out yet that sets the power-up volume level.

I have tested further and found that the volume level is not remembered from the last time in Bluetooth mode, or any other mode (SD, AUX or FM). Actually, the only time the volume level is remembered is if you are in any mode and switch to another mode before turning off the Soundcore mini. For instance:

Power up, stay in Bluetooth mode, adjust volume, power down, power up and volume level NOT remembered.

Power up, stay in Bluetooth mode, adjust volume, switch to any other mode, power down, power up and volume level IS remembered.

Power up, switch to any mode other than Bluetooth, adjust volume, power down, power up and volume level NOT remembered.

Power up, switch to any mode other than Bluetooth, adjust volume, switch to any other mode, power down, power up and volume level IS remembered.

So, powering up and going to any mode and adjusting the volume and powering down does not save the volume level. It is the action of adjusting the volume level, in any mode, then switching to any other mode before powering down that saves the volume level.

pick up the Nano or SoundCore Boost they both go harder.

Neither the Nano or Boost meet my needs.

dislike this one