SoundCore Mini Bluetooth Speaker - 2 in Stereo?

If I used a Stereo 3.5mm Y adapter to 2 MONO plugs. would he internal jack support the mono input?

I may want to try a pair of these in stereo. I have no idea how it sounds, maybe order one to try.

SoundCore Mini Bluetooth Speaker

It should work but it would be fake stereo your hearing, two mono streams playing the same content. True stereo has separation on the channels during mix, namely hearing certain sounds/vocals/instruments on either the left or right channel to give more immersive audio playback.

SoundCore Mini 2, which could be releasing soon considering that it has already passed through FCC, and was shown at MWC, should have this feature.

2 Likes

They need built-in support for pairing multiple Bluetooth devices, like my UE Booms. I love the feature where I can pair both of them together for stereo (or more, it supports like 10+ devices together I think).

check out my review of the soundcore and it shows the answer to your question. 1:40 shows the y-connector The mini will work the same but it will be fake stereo as @ndalby has already mentioned

Fake Stereo? if the cable splits the L+R channels why would it be fake?

3.5mm cable

how do I subscribe to a thread? I do not see a way?

I do not think your Y adapter splits L and R channels.

6ft cable

I am just curious if the MONO plug will work in the Stereo jack.

1 Like

Good point… The y connector that I have was originally intended to allow two people to connect their earbuds to the same device and each person would have stereo sound, therefore each wire coming from the split carrying two channels. I will have to order up a stereo y adaptor and test if each of the Anker speakers will support a single channel (mono) input…
I.really can’t see why it would not work as the speaker is just a static device and the playing device is what controls the output. The cable quality and length will also play a part in the timing of the two channels.

Thought you were referring to a standard Y splitter, so two people can hear the same source. With that version it’s likely the you will get stereo output.

To ‘subscribe’ to a thread you can change your tracking alert at the bottom of the page;

If you got a s8 s8+ or note 8 you could connect both at the same time over Bluetooth.

Yes but that just confuses the issue as the original question was to produce stereo sound ( left channel on one speaker and right channel on the other) The Samsung will not produce two independent channels over Bluetooth as I have tested this and both speakers although sounding great are the exact same sound (fake stereo)

I like the Soundcore Mini. the highs are much better when pointed toward your ears. firing up doesn’t make sense?

just a hair larger would be nice to improve bass. mids are nice. I’d rather have less bass than phony boosted bass like the Bose Soundlink II.

haven’t ordered a second one yet. thinking about it.

So the new SoundCore Mini 2 can let you pair two together and achieve the stereo sound:

2 Likes

Cool, it’s now even waterproof :smiley:

Mini 2? and I just bought the Soundcore mini.

larger and only in the UK for now because you guys have better ears. :slight_smile:

In US as well.

This is possible true stereo with 2 pieces soundcoremini1.yes required y splitter but splitter out must be left channel is full left,right channel is full right.and connect soundcore mini with 3.5mm stereo cables.dont use mono cables.because then you hear left and right lines are same channel and at the sametime your source device’s output damaged risk.i’m used they works fine sycnronised true stereo.my problem is im added soundcore 2 on this system with dual y stereo splitter for more bass.but soundcore 2 not syncronised with soundcore mini’s.something wrong syncronising its delaying to sound, i think it have diffrent cpu or chip.sound like

is double diffrent sourced.