SoundCore Mini 2 vs Mini 1 Video Review

I just finished up my video review of the SoundCore Mini 2 vs the original Mini. Overall, both are great speakers and users shouldnā€™t be disappointed either way. The Mini 2ā€™s sound is a tad better compared to the Mini 1 with a bit more bass. However, if Micro SD playback or FM radio is important to you, youā€™ll probably prefer the Mini 1.

As always, I love to hear what you think! Thanks!

I also put together a quick comparison chart between the Mini 2 vs Mini 1: https://technicallywell.com/anker-soundcore-mini-2-vs-mini-1

11 Likes

Excellent review and comparisons as always Ryan!

2 Likes

Teach me your ways master, haha.
Good job and excellent review comparison.

2 Likes

Thanks, @ndalby, much appreciated!

1 Like

LOL, thanks, @elmo41683!

2 Likes

Great review and audio comparisons. They miniā€™s sound almost as good as the SoundCore 2 except for the Bass.

1 Like

Thanks, @Oggyboy! Yes, the Mini 2ā€™s sound isnā€™t too far off from the SoundCore 2, just a little less bass.

Great review Ryan @TechnicallyWell, yes I thought the Mini 2 sounded similar to original SoundCore (both being 6W output). Iā€™m so impressed with it and Dot compatible, which is a bonus for my use :grin:

1 Like

Thanks, @Blotch! Youā€™re right: the Mini 2 makes a great companion for the Echo Dot :thumbsup:

1 Like

Great video review!

Great review and comparison video. :clap:t2:

Iā€™m gonna be testing the waterproof capabilities soon myself.

Thank you, @doris4jin!

Thanks, @k_pug2003! If you have the volume turned up when you test it, watch out for water squirting out of the top of the speaker when you pull it out!

Lol will do :yum:

A comparison is always good, well done job.

I would like to do such a comparison of the B*se soundlink mini and the ANKER Pro +
BUT:
Still waiting to catch a Flare, the third candidate, but unfortunately only US and UK are able to win one.

All others are ā€œbanishedā€ :weary:

1 Like

good job!! nice video review!!

1 Like

I own an original mini 1 and a motion b for awhile now and still canā€™t believe the sound so thought Iā€™d add the mini 2 to the collection. It arrived today and after reading the reviews I was expecting something at least on par with the mini 1 but the sound is terrible. Virtually no bass, the thing just vibrates is if somethingā€™s loose inside but produces no bass sound. The mids are also distant as if they are mistimed and are happening behind other sounds. Either this speaker is faulty or itā€™s just a poorly executed design. Maybe the addition of waterproofing had ruined the sound.